Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15 Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15 Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15 Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15

Default Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15

After yesterday's successful walleye fishing near the Marblehead lighthouse, I thought it would be best to try there again this morning. We had a 6 hour window to get their 18 fish, but only managed to get 9 today. I did notice that last night there was a big Midge Fly hatch. Their carcasses were all over the surface of the lake where we were fishing. It might have helped cause the slower bite today, but I can't say for sure.

We started out with crawler harnesses, but switched over to Stinger Spoons behind #2 Tadpoles when a friend of mine told me he had switched over and they were working. The bite had slowed a bit, so I was anxious to keep the excitement going.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of tightening up the planer board springs, and the flag tension was too tight, so the flags didn't go down when a small fish hit it. Those small white bass were hanging on for about a mile, I'm guessing! We found them when we were picking up lines to head in. I don't know how long they were just swimming with us, and being unproductive baits. Ugh....oh well...it happens.

My crew today was a lot of fun. I like it when they make me laugh, and I laughed a lot.

Okay, the crawler program was.... the usual...and, the spoons were 27 to 40 back on the Tadpoles. Speed with the spoons was 1.8-1.9mph. I used the kicker for propulsion and steered with my Ulterra. That way I could save juice on my trolling motor batteries, and it wouldn't have to work so hard.

I think I will start with the spoons in the morning and change them back to crawlers if need be. I'm not sure yet. So....

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15-5-29-15-jpg Fishing with Mike, Logan, and Joe 5/29/15-logan-5-29-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters