Headed out of Turtle yesterday morning with some advice for a spot west of A can. Saw two loose rafts of boats, smaller one SW of W. Sister (west of Can) were I was told to go and the other SE of W Sister (roughly east of Can). West pack was smaller but had some Charters so I headed there as planned. (Shoulda gone the other way I guess...see Wakina's post.) Lots of marks and lots of trash. Made several different drifts and had two walleye for our 3 guys. Our group of boats slowly broke up but I could see the other one holding together.

About 1130 they were still at it so we decided to make a move over to the other area. Dropped in on a drift and immediately picked up a double. About same time wind shifted and waves picked up so don't know if it was wind or move, but it was game on. We drifted that same line rest of the day. Ended with 15 eyes for 3 guys -- real nice grade of fish. Most 22- 24, biggest a 28. Just couldn't get the last 3 to fill our 3 man ticket. Beautiful day out there yesterday.

Interesting, started casting weapons and dragging harnesses behind bottom bouncers. I could not get any of that to go. Early on my buddy tried a red Erie Dearie. After first two fish, his buddy put red one on too and started catching them. Finally I went to a Parish Banana on my casting pole and started catching fish too. Ended up those old fashioned weight forwards caught all our fish and none on weapons/harnesses. Red, chartreuse/red, white, and green all caught fish but the Red Erie Dearies caught half the fish. All my fish came on Parish Banana or Parish Minnows.

Ultimate of irony. Buddy brought a 18 year old guy who had never fished for Walleye on Lake Erie. For his first trip, the kid sat up there on front of boat just dragging that red Erie Dearie on the bottom. He was the only one of us to punch his 6 fish ticket and also got the 28 inch biggie!!