Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15 Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15 Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15 Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15

I left the house at 5am and headed to Huron with the Ranger in tow. I was meeting my crew there at 5:45, so we could launch at 6am. I had to stop at the gas station first, to get some ice for the big cooler. I like to bleed the fish and get them on ice right away, now that the temps are getting warmer.

They showed up right on time, and we were headed out of the channel at sunrise. There was no wind, and the lake was like glass for the first couple hours. The wind picked up to around 12mph out of the south around 8am and lasted about an hour, and then it died down again. We had our 24 fish this morning by 10:15, so needless to say, it was a pretty good bite again in Huron.

They kept talking about it being Guy's birthday today, but as I recall, when they fished with me last September, it was his birthday then too! So, when questioned he admitted it wasn't really his birthday. I told him, "You get brownies even if it's not your birthday", and laughed.

Guy caught a nice 31 inch fish today, that he plans on getting a replica mount made from, and his nephew Sam caught the fattest catfish I've ever seen come out of the western basin. Are they spawning right now? Or, was she just a fatty, who's eating well?

Today was all 1 oz inline weights anywhere from 27, 29, 31, 32, 33, 35, 39, and 41....and, all took fish. The best blade color is that 'Purple Crusher' from Warrior Custom Colors...it has the copper hammered underbelly. The walleye find it very attractive.

We were targeting 25-29 foot of water today.

Tomorrow was going to be the same crew, but the winds are going to be SSW 20-30mph, so we will not be fishing again tomorrow.

The next trip is Thursday with a new crew for a 10 our walleye and perch trip.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15-5-26-15-jpg Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15-5-26-15_3-jpg Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15-guy-cj-sam-5-26-15-jpg Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15-guy-dodd-5-26-15-jpg Fishing with Guy, CJ, and Sam 5/26/15-cj-5-26-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

we got a few monster cats over the weekend as well, thought we had a couple of teeners, they fight just like walleyes.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one sunday that looked like it was gonna explode. She had to be near 15 lbs. Thought I had me a fish ohio walleye til I saw it. Caught it on a 10 ft rod so it was about a 10 minute fight to get her on board and back in the water. What a blast ! The only problem with that long rod is trying to keep the fish on top long enough to net with my right hand. Also, trying not to fall off the back of my boat. Lol
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Julia

on those blades, are those no.6 colorado's? and what colour beads were you using? thanks, heading to Pelee tomorrow