Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15

Default Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15

This is going to be a three day blog all in one, because once again I am short on time....deep sigh.

Saturday, I fished with a couple of return clients from southern Indiana. Tim and Matt McGlothlin. I received a text Friday night telling me that Matt's boy, Wyatt, would be going with us. I asked how old he was, and Matt told me, "4 years old". I called him and said, "Have you ever had a 4 year old out in a boat for 10 hours before?" And, he said, "Is that a polite way of asking, are you insane?" I laughed, and said, "Yes!"

Well, as it turned out, Wyatt was the most well behaved little boy for the ENTIRE DAY! He did take two short naps, but when he was awake, he was just asking questions, and his Dad was making sure he stayed focused on something. He was quite entertaining, really. I thought it would be tough to have one so young on board for so long, without any whining, but somehow he managed to prove me wrong. Way to go Wyatt! You're welcome on my boat any time kiddo.

Anyway, to make a very long story shorter....

They scheduled two 10 hour trips and a 4 hour trip for today.
    Saturday....we fished by Kelly's first...same program. Picked up 3 walleye, and then decided to move up by Lucy's to make a pass from south to north, starting by Ballast Island, and headed towards the green can on the point. We picked up two more walleye there.

Once we got close to the green can there, we decided to go perch fishing, to keep Wyatt engaged, because the big trolling rods were a little too much for his little hands and body. The perch rigs were just right....with Dad's help of course.

We set up using the Ulterra's Spot Lock to hold us in position on the north side of the point in 29-30' of water. We caught 22 really nice yellow perch, and a mess of big white perch and white bass. That kept Wyatt entertained for a while. But, then we decided to go back down to kelly's where we had marked a bunch of fish on the west side of north bay, but in the morning.....weren't biting. In the afternoon....they were! Woot! Woot!

We headed back in with a very tired little boy, and by the time I dropped them off at their cottage and got home with the boat, it was almost time for bed again. I did the minimum possible to get the boat ready again for the next day and went to bed an hour later. My animals were none too pleased with me that night.

5/24/15
    We wouldn't be taking Wyatt again today, so I decided to take the brothers over to Huron for some bigger fish. I was hoping they were still there, and they were. Running the same program as I run over by Kelly's, we had a two man limit in the boat in a little over an hour and a half. Many of the fish were "fish-O's" too! It was a really fun morning! But, since they booked a 10 hour trip, we fished for my 6 fish limit, and then pulled out to go back over to Mazurik's to launch, so we could go perch fishing again, after we dropped the walleye off at Bay's Edge on the way.

When we got to the park though, all the spaces were taken, and people were parking trailers on the grass already, so Tim said, "I'm tired, we don't have to do this". I replied, "Well, if it's okay with Matt, then I'm good with it too...I'm exhausted". lol

Matt agreed, and I took them over to Marblehead to get some perch tacos from "Somthin' Fishy" food truck for lunch before taking them back to their cottage. They loved them, and thanked me for taking them there. We agreed to meet at 5am the next morning. We wanted to launch early, because we thought it was an early bite, since it seemed to slow down after 8:30(ish).

5/25/15
    Today's trip was just a quick 4 hour walleye trip. I picked up my crew at 5am and we headed straight to Huron to launch. We arrived at 5:25 and hit the water right at 5:30. It was still dark enough that we needed to use our navigation lights on the boat, but light enough to see where we were going. It was a nice early morning. The wind hadn't started blowing yet, and the fish were biting before we could even set all the lines out.
    Unfortunately, the first one, which sunk a board, came off, and the second one was a smaller sheephead. We ended up catching their 12 walleye by 8:15, so it was definitely a slower bite, with a smaller grade of fish today, but it was still a lot of fun.

The winds started picking up and we were happy to be done.

They have already rescheduled for another trip in June, and I look forward to fishing with these guys again. They are a lot of fun!

Well, folks, that's the best I can do while running on empty. After fishing today.... the boat got cleaned, laundry was done, house got somewhat cleaned, yard work was done, shopping was done, and I colored and straightened my hair...( I look human again!)....oh, and I made brownies for tomorrow's trip too.

So, I'm off to bed, and promise that I will try to keep up with these blogs better in the future. It's just easier to do when I'm running 6 hour trips, and still have half a day to get stuff done.

Thanks for being patient...

Tomorrow's trip is also with returning clients who perch fished with me last summer, and wanted to go after some walleye this year. So...

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15-matt-wyatt-mcglothlin-5-23-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15-matt-mcglothlin_5-23-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15-tim-mcglothlin-5-23-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15-capt-juls-5-23-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 5/23/15 - 5/25/15-matt-mcglothlin_5-24-15-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 05-26-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Hey Juls....thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to keep us informed! It is appreciated!

Thanks Capt Juls. Love reading your post

Yeah, what they said! I also enjoy reading your posts.

Juls, really like reading all of your posts and keeping up with the action. Me, John and my dad had already hoped to have rebooked and fished with you this spring after our great perch trip last fall but have had a few medical issues/procedures that have kept us off the water. Keep us in mind, if you get an open date pop up let me know we would love to come up and fish with you again. I am still in search of my first fish Ohio.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by wmyer View Post
    Juls, really like reading all of your posts and keeping up with the action. Me, John and my dad had already hoped to have rebooked and fished with you this spring after our great perch trip last fall but have had a few medical issues/procedures that have kept us off the water. Keep us in mind, if you get an open date pop up let me know we would love to come up and fish with you again. I am still in search of my first fish Ohio.
    Doug
    Hi Doug,
    Good to hear from you! I hope everyone is doing well now?

I have plenty of openings July through August right now, so if there is a date that works for you guys, let me know, and we'll see if we can get you scheduled in.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters