Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15 Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15 Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15 Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15

Default Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15

Sorry I didn't blog all weekend, but it was extremely busy, and the days were very long. I just didn't have time to get it done. I apologize.

5/22/15:
    Friday, I fished with Arnot Albee and his wife Lynne, and their daughter, Jill. I picked them up at their hotel at 5:30, so we could launch by 6am, but after looking at the radar of a heavy rain headed our way, I decided we would stop at Big Bopper's for breakfast first, to let it pass. After breakfast we hit Mazurik's, but it was still blowing the system through. It was supposed to lay down after it went through, so we ended up launching at 8am instead of 6am. We were now going to fish until 4pm, because they had scheduled an 8 hour walleye trip for Arnot's birthday.

We started over by the east side of South Bass (in front of the monument) in 26 foot of water. There was a WNW wind, so we trolled south. We picked up 5 eaters in that first pass, and then decided to try a little deeper water to the east, in 31-32 foot, to see if we could find some bigger fish. I think we picked up one in that pass, but heck, I'm not sure.... that was almost four days ago now, and I can't remember all the details. lol

We made several passes between South Bass and Kelly's. The wind changed direction several times on Friday. First it was WNW, then north, west, and lastly SW. It was aggravating to say the least. Anyway, we finished on the north side of Kelly's where I had been fishing the past couple of weeks.

They learned a lot that day, and were really quick learners...especially Jill. They went home with a limit of nice walleye for their family fish fry.

The weather the rest of the day, after the crappy morning, was beautiful. Sunny with light winds...waves were 2 foot or less.

We ran crawler harnesses. The "Purple Crusher" custom painted blade from "Warrior" has been.....ahhhh...."crushing" them. It's got a copper hammered underside and is a #6 size blade.
    Again, since it's been so long since you've probably read any of my posts...we ran 1oz inlines 31-41 back and the number 2 Tadpole 21, 23, 25, & 27 back. Speed was 1.3mph.

After dropping their fish off at Bay's Edge Fish Cleaning for them, I dropped them back off at their hotel and bid them "safe travels". It was a fun day with the Albee family...

I got home, and plugged the boat batteries in, changed the towels out, and threw the dirty ones in the wash, and had a whole hour and a half to say hello to my furry friends, get something to eat, and then get to bed. Thus, the reason I did not blog Friday's trip. There just wasn't any time, thanks to the delay and it being an 8 hour trip rather than my usual 6 hours.

Next up was the McGlothlin Brothers who fished with me Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (today). To be cont'd.....

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15-lynne-arnot-jill-albee-5-24-15-jpg Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15-jill-albee-5-24-15-jpg Fishing with the Albee Family 5/22/15-jill-albee_2-5-24-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters