E & F Cans 5/21/15 E & F Cans 5/21/15 E & F Cans 5/21/15 E & F Cans 5/21/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default E & F Cans 5/21/15

Ran out to the Can line on the firing range and set up just out side the Can line at E-Can trolling ESE picked up 3 real quick then had a problem with a larger boat with big boards wanting my space. Any how after the confusion we managed to get 6 more before the bite died and finished with 9 total in the box with 1 throw back that went 14.75". We had several pull backs but could not keep them hooked up, we both felt they were hitting the blade and not the worm. All came on TT 40's pulling crawler harnesses with #6 hatchet blades in Pretty Panties, Anti Perch and Brown Gold. Speed was 1.5 to 1.8 GPS/SOG at 12 to 18 back off the small boards. That would be in the neighborhood of +/- 8 ft deep. Fish were up high in the column with lots of marks on the bottom also but we could not get the bottom huggers to bite. There were a ton of marks and a constant clutter of bait fish marks from the surface down to 5 ft.

Made the move to the C-Can area and fished for perch we managed only 6 keepers with 100+ white bass and white perch and no sheephead. We only fished the C-Can area for Perch due to time constraints. Still a nice bumpy day on the water with lots of action.

I replied to the thread that was moved to the lounge from this forum and this could very well be my last post on this site.

Tight Lines to all!!

Wakina
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and please rethink about not posting. I always enjoy your post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job with the report Wakina, I really appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Ran out to the Can line on the firing range and set up just out side the Can line at E-Can trolling ESE picked up 3 real quick then had a problem with a larger boat with big boards wanting my space. Any how after the confusion we managed to get 6 more before the bite died and finished with 9 total in the box with 1 throw back that went 14.75". We had several pull backs but could not keep them hooked up, we both felt they were hitting the blade and not the worm. All came on TT 40's pulling crawler harnesses with #6 hatchet blades in Pretty Panties, Anti Perch and Brown Gold. Speed was 1.5 to 1.8 GPS/SOG at 12 to 18 back off the small boards. That would be in the neighborhood of +/- 8 ft deep. Fish were up high in the column with lots of marks on the bottom also but we could not get the bottom huggers to bite. There were a ton of marks and a constant clutter of bait fish marks from the surface down to 5 ft.

Made the move to the C-Can area and fished for perch we managed only 6 keepers with 100+ white bass and white perch and no sheephead. We only fished the C-Can area for Perch due to time constraints. Still a nice bumpy day on the water with lots of action.

I replied to the thread that was moved to the lounge from this forum and this could very well be my last post on this site.

Tight Lines to all!!

Wakina
    Now hang on a minute there buddy! We don't want to hear this kind of talk from you. You are too much a respected and contributing poster to say it could be your last post. Don't let this little distraction keep you from being one of the people who make this site my favorite! Your knowledge has helped make me and many others become better fisherman. This is not ego stroking either.....this is just a fact. In your previous post you talked about taking care of your Mom and trying to help her maintain her life on her own further shows us all the kind of person you are. You and a few others with values and the willingness to pass on knowledge are exactly what makes this site great.

Sit around the fire this weekend, sip some apple pie and think about how lucky we are to live in an area with such fishing opportunity and keep doing what you do!

And by the way.......thanks for you honest report. We know when we read your posts they are real.