outlook for the weekend outlook for the weekend outlook for the weekend outlook for the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default outlook for the weekend

Of course fish are fish and they have tails. With that being said I believe it is gonna be a great weekend for everyone!! I don't believe there is one big school this year they seem to broke up into many small groups and spread out In the whole western basin. I have found lately that staying out of the boats has been really good. Most of the fish have been caught very high in the water column or right on the bottom. Casters with a one or two count with a gold weapon or bottom bouncers. Trollers running 40 true trips 10 to 35 back at 1.8 mph with spoons and harnesses . Good luck and tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

This is great info. Thank you for posting. I run out of the maumee river. Can you recommend a close starting point? Last Sunday I was casting off little cedar only picked up 2. Week before I got 4. Lots of white bass. Just wondering if I need to make the long run. I read all your posts and really appreciate that you are willing to share.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could help with that far west. The best bite I heard for casters was A can and D can. I wish I knew something closet for you
    Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

The walleye should be starting to stack up to and around McDonalds to the turn around bouy all the way to west sister. It is that time of year.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

where is McDonalds and the turn around buoy?

"The walleye should be starting to stack up to and around McDonalds to the turn around buoy all the way to west sister. "

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, anywhere from 20 -23 ft of water off the Eastside of the channel was very good before the blow . Trolling worm harnesses . Also the dumping grounds in the Michigan waters was also giving up limits trolling Spoons and harnesses .
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be up this weekend, I'm not going to be swallowing my pride this time of the bite is half as tough as last time, I hope some of you have your phones/radios on you!

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday 5/20. Left Meinke West and headed straight towards West Sister 5 miles. Stopped in 25' water where it started to clear. Ran bottom bouncers and casted. Walleye have been there this time in years past and we marked fish all morning, but only landed one walleye. Some white bass and sheephead. Walleye came on a silver backed willow blade with holographic sticker and white beads. Pink/purple only got sheephead. Gold hammered caught fish but lost 2 before we could see what they were. Steady heavy pull and got off. I'm not familiar enough with my Elite 5 DSI, but it was showing large marks. Some full arches right on the bottom and many half arches in the 15-20 depth range. Not sure if it's possible to tell species by color?

Post Thanks / Like

The buoy's on the shipping channel out of Maumee. The turn around is the last buoy, McDonalds as some call it is the Harbor light. A lot of different names, just depends on what each person learned as they fished out there. Some call the turn around the buoy before the last one.
    http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14830.shtml
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like