Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15 Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15 Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15 Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15

After waking up 45 minutes late, because I had forgot to set my alarm (D'Oh), I was out of sync this morning. But, luckily, I get everything ready the night before, so the only thing I missed was my second cup of coffee and my internet "fix". I stayed on time thanks to that routine.

I picked up Tim and Nick Becker at their hotel at 5:45 and we headed to Huron, where we were headed out of the channel by 6:25.

I had received some private messages and texts last night from a few friends talking about one of my favorite areas being "on fire", so I was excited to take my crew there for some big fish fun. I really can't give you this one, and I apologize for that, but I will tell you that I was fishing in 25 to 29 foot of water. I was told by my friends that they were "stacked up in there", but when I went over the area, I didn't mark a dang thing. So, you know what I did? I turned off the sonar, and put the Nav map at full screen and fished on faith. I knew they were there, I just couldn't see them. So, instead of having my customers ask if I'm marking fish, or say, "I haven't seen any fish on your screen", I thought it best to not give them that opportunity. I just wanted to make a couple passes before moving on to another spot.

We ran the same program we ran over at Kelly's the day before, and it worked.
    1oz inlines 27 and 35 back, and #2 Tadpoles 25 & 27 back worked. Blades were the same too...antifreeze, gold hammered, and copper hammered.
    Speed was 1.3mph.

The first board went back...hard. It looked like a big walleye pull, so we let the fish load up, and Tim reeled it in. The skunk was out of the boat! Woot! Woot! It was a big walleye, that was a much nicer grade than what we caught over at Kelly's, so the guys were really smiling and getting pumped.

We would go through a lot of crawlers with light biting walleye, that wouldn't hook up, giant board sinking sheephead, a few white bass, and even a catfish that wanted to get in on the action.

We managed to land our 18 walleye by 11am, so we packed it up and headed back in at a nice leisurely pace.

We stopped to get some lunch at Casa Las Palmas, the local Mexican restaurant across from their hotel, before I dropped them off with their fish, and said our goodbyes.

They had wanted to book three days, but I was already booked for their third day, so they planned on fishing with Capt Kevin Swartz tomorrow, on my recommendation, while I fished the first of three days with my new crew.

Plans have changed though...I just got off the phone with Kevin, and after discussing the weather forecast for strong NW winds tomorrow, we are cancelling our trips. He mentioned also that he was advised not to be on the lake tomorrow too, so that's good enough for me. I'm not that mad at those fish...

So to sum it up...today was an AWESOME day of fishing with two fun guys from Wisconsin! I'll be back on the water Wednesday with another father and son team of Larry and Tom Ohda...I think they are from Indiana, but I'll have to confirm that on Wednesday.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15-5-18-15-jpg Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15-nick-becker_2-5-18-15-jpg Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15-tim-becker-5-18-15-jpg Fishing Day Two with the Becker's 5/18/15-nick-becker-5-18-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters