Got the fever!!! Got the fever!!! Got the fever!!! Got the fever!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got the fever!!!

Ok guys im another new member and this is my first post! Its a little late because my dad and I fished last week Thursday the 7th and Friday the 8th. I actually got my boat back Thursday morning from the machanic and trailored it strait to Monroe LOL. The boat is a 1988, 22ft sea nymph, great lakes special.
    The guys at the lauch comming in were all saying it was slow, 1 or 2 fish per boat, all morning. So I was planning on a slow afternoon. But it didnt take 10 minutes of lines in the water and we landed our first lake erie walleye. We laughed, high fived, and took a picture. No kidding. (My dad had never been on lake erie before).
    We kept picking 1 or 2 more up, most every pass after that. Ended the day with 9 walleye and 1 jumbo yellow perch. Honestly it was one of the best days of my life. Just my dad and I out on the lake, catching!! I realise this post makes me sound like im a little kid, but im 32 years old. Born in 82.
    We never lost a fish. No sheep head, and very few silver bass. All the walleye seemed large to me. Its been a few years since Ive been. But the biggest was 24.5 inches and the rest all were over or around 20in.
    The lake had that great chop, 1 to 2 footers so we just drifted spinners. We would start our drift near stony point. Motor out into 21 ft of water and drift in to 18. We didnt seem to mark alot, but im still learning this fish graft. The colors didnt seem to matter too much but blueberry muffin took the most fish. We used both 1 and 2 oz bottom bouncers, didnt seem to matter. There never seemed to be a tight school, but we would get another fish about every 20 to 30 minutes. Which was really nice, having the time to get her out of the net, into the cooler and put the net back. Perfect day!!!
    Friday was another story. We caught 2 walleye all day. 1 monster female that was loaded with eggs and 1 much smaller fish at the end of the day. I thought for sure that they were all spawned out by now but you should have seen the belly on her. HUGE. My dad wanted to try and eat some of the silver bass so we were keeping them for alot of the day. As the day progressed, I was dumping them back over board because I knew we already had a mess of them to clean. And by the end of the day we were joking about thumping them on the head and tossing them back in. Which we never did. But there were just so many of them. Bet we caught over 80 stupid silver bass. You would get a fresh crawler on, lower your line in, set the pole down, and thump thump. MAN I know what that is.
    Anyway it was a great trip and we will be back ASAP. The wife says I cant this weekend LOL. But I am planning next weekend. 5-23
    Best of luck everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the great days... And you gotta feed the seagulls every now and then

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, on a wonderful day fishing with your Dad! I've taken my Dad jigging on the Detroit river and had a blast, good memories!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a terrific time for you and your pops. I remember taking my Dad up to the lake with me when I was in my late 20's and made some great memories....unfortunately Dad passed away suddenly at the young age of 50. Enjoy the time you have, it can be taken away in an instant.

Post Thanks / Like

Gabe: Welcome to the forum! You are aware aren't you that there is no known cure for the fever that you speak of! You are now one of the many that are affected by this strange and terminal fever. Good luck and tight lines.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Got the fever!!!-9-keepers-jpgGot the fever!!!-erie-2015-jpgGot the fever!!!-happy-day-jpgGot the fever!!!-walleye-9-jpgGot the fever!!!-walleye-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and great pictures.. thanks and great job...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! And, thanks for the report and pictures. Glad you both had a great time.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters