Friday 05/08, 2015 Friday 05/08, 2015 Friday 05/08, 2015 Friday 05/08, 2015
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday 05/08, 2015

Headed out with a late start and set lines at about 10:00. Tried the inside shallow bite off Bessie but no takers. Lots of boats in the area but I saw no nets. Moved out to the Pickerel reef area and started a slow pick between there and B-Can. Ended with 5 and nothing big but they did run 20" to 26". All fish came on #6 hatchet blades in gold /brown and the cisco color which I call rainbow shiner. No specific depth or line back but speed was 1.5 GPS/SOG +/- 1 and that speed thing seemed critical today. Had several really good pull backs but did not hook up. While examining the spinner blades one could see the scratch marks from what appeared to be tooth marks on the blade.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wakina. Very slow for us on Friday too. We were in A can area with multiple moves both in and away from pack, shallow and also deeper water. First time out this year.... 1 walleye (and multiple white bass) for 3 guys. Didn't have trolling stuff so we were casting harnesses and dearies, jigging, and planned to drag bottom bouncers but flat water made that useless. Saw a few nets in the water but looked tough for many boats and heard lots of skunks on radio traffic... but also a few trollers with limits heading to dock. One charter trolled back and forth in front of us for a while...he was picking up one fish a pass...(but had 6 guys and was dragging at least 12 lines on big boards!) When we left mid afternoon, trough at Turtle didn't have much of a gut pile. On plus side, quality time with my son and the boat ran real sweet on the shakedown trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wakina, our plans for today were quite similar per a word of mouth. We ( the hospital crew) headed to Cone to fish between there and B. Marks were plenty for sure and when we hit the desired spot. Idled the boat down to set out the boards with anticipations of a bountiful day. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, the little lady burped and died out and never started again. Ah hah no spark. Called for a tow got back to the dock and headed to PC for a new coil changed it and had some lunch and headed back out to be greeted with clouds and sprinkles but we continued out, soon sprinkles turned to a showers then to downpours enough to pull the gear and head in. At the dock and clearing out our personal gear I looked forward was my little black bag with a partially open zipper
    in a s_it eatin' grin as to say Yes the Curse of the Camera Lives On..................Nuff said?

On the personal side, to all the mothers and wives and girlfriends who endure our obscessions to catch walleyes and have a great Mothers Day.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

I was starting to think it was just me.I feel a little better now. I was out from 730 to 230 on friday. Ran all over the west end of the lake from little cedar point up to luna pier. Castin my ass off, every color, every make, using trooling motor draggin bottom bouncers, castin homemade spinner harnesses and weight forward spinners. Caught some white perch that were easy 12-13 inches, some sheep, a few white bass, and ONE walleye and he only went 16.5 inches. Made for a good lunch at work last night on the foreman grill at least. I caught him in 8 foot of muddy water right next to turtle island. WTF? And don't let me forget the monster gobie on a erie dearie. Damn thing was 6 inches long. What an ugly critter that was. Oh well, it was still better than NOT fishing. Ill get em next time, right?
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker