New member, 1st report New member, 1st report New member, 1st report New member, 1st report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New member, 1st report

Always enjoy reading the reports. 1st off, thanks to Capt. Dave of Fast Action Charters. The night fishing trip was great. 4 guys all got limits trolling. When they hit by 2's & 3 at a time made for some exciting scrambling. He knows the lake and how to catch them. 2ndly, my mercruiser developed issues and left me dead in the water Thur. Spent most of Fri. Running back and forth getting and inststalling parts, to no avail. Used my electric motor to get to the ramp and load it on the trailer. By then it's nearing 5:00 on a Friday. After making phone calls, stopping in at marinas that had 2 week waiting list, I happen to stop at Coastal Marine as my last chance. The lady at the front desk was the only person left for the day. She persuaded me to come back Sat. morning and maybe they could at least take the time to diagnose the issue. To make a long story short, the service manager Kevin, was short handed and busy but took the time to look and even fix the problem and way less cheaper then I expected. He could have shrugged me off, but went way out of his way on short notice. Hats off toCoastal Marine. By the way, I drove 12 hrs to come here and fish and they saved my vacation time here. Had a good time fishing (not so much catching) in my boat, til I had to depart yesterday early. Good fishing everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Hope you a better trip your next time at Erie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks panfisher. Met some really nice people and enjoyed my 4th walleye trip here. Hope to return for some perch yet this year. Haven't tried it before, but I'd give it shot.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like

Why does it have to be that way? Paying Dues? Who knows, but it's not fair. May your next trip be mechanically painless and the fishing bountiful. We will make it a point to leave some for you. LOL. Like we have a choice? NOT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Always enjoy reading the reports. 1st off, thanks to Capt. Dave of Fast Action Charters. The night fishing trip was great. 4 guys all got limits trolling. When they hit by 2's & 3 at a time made for some exciting scrambling. He knows the lake and how to catch them. 2ndly, my mercruiser developed issues and left me dead in the water Thur. Spent most of Fri. Running back and forth getting and inststalling parts, to no avail. Used my electric motor to get to the ramp and load it on the trailer. By then it's nearing 5:00 on a Friday. After making phone calls, stopping in at marinas that had 2 week waiting list, I happen to stop at Coastal Marine as my last chance. The lady at the front desk was the only person left for the day. She persuaded me to come back Sat. morning and maybe they could at least take the time to diagnose the issue. To make a long story short, the service manager Kevin, was short handed and busy but took the time to look and even fix the problem and way less cheaper then I expected. He could have shrugged me off, but went way out of his way on short notice. Hats off toCoastal Marine. By the way, I drove 12 hrs to come here and fish and they saved my vacation time here. Had a good time fishing (not so much catching) in my boat, til I had to depart yesterday early. Good fishing everyone!!!
    Coastal marine did the same for me 2 weeks great people and service

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!!!!!!!!'n