Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd. Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd. Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd. Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd.

Looks like we are going to try and make the trek up this weekend. Anyone else coming that wants to share info. Planning on running channel 79 unless everyone else is on something else. Planning on pulling reef runners and i have a few perfect 10s (though not lemon lime crush) The world is sold out of those...lol
    Is anyone catching any perch anywhere they would like to share, we will be coming out of oak harbor. Thanks and Ill see you on the lake. Any pointers for walleye on which direction to head?

Rick, I'm coming up on Fri and staying till tuesday. We will be camping at East Harbor and going out of Mazurik (sp) (Marblehead) probably Fri afternoon. We plan on fishing around Kellys if we can get out there. I am in an 18 ft Starcraft so we wont be running much past Kellys depending on the wave ht. We will also be running P10s and RRs. Hopefully that will work out for us but we may end up throwing jigs etc if trolling isnt producing. I have a sts radio but I havent used it so not sure if I can find you on 79 or if it works well. (sounds dumb I know). I would be glad to share info with you while we are there. my phone is 9374303094 if you want to check in with me. I dont really know the area as well as my partner does so I dont know how close to oak harbor we are. We typically either go out of Mazurik or camp at S Bass and fish around the islands.

I'll be in a 26 ft four winns cabin cruiser. Earned it. Is the name on back. I'll call u if I find them. Lol.

Rick, I've had good luck this time of year at niagra reef. N-NW of can about 100 yds. Big perch.
    Haven't been there yet this year, too busy jigging. Good luck.

Rick, I'll be in an 18 ft Starcraft Superfisherman with the name "eye candy" and a pic of a walleye on the back. Feel free to contact us and we will share info.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousoldman View Post
    Rick, I'll be in an 18 ft Starcraft Superfisherman with the name "eye candy" and a pic of a walleye on the back. Feel free to contact us and we will share info.
    We fished Wednesday and Thursday south of South Bass. Lots of good marks, but could not get much going. Did manage my personal best which was a 28" 9 pound Fish Ohio. Lots of charters in the area but in two days I didn't see many nets moving. The fish had lockjaw.

That's not good your supposed to have it all figured out for me lol. Ill be on the lake by 7am hopefully driving up tonight. Ill keep you updated. Do you text? Ill put your number in my phone.

Trolled Friday out in from of Bessie in 15 ft water. Green reefrunners in the morning and pink and yellow and some gold. In afternoon. 25 ft back on Friday. 28 ft back on Saturday. Caught limits both days for 3 guys. All pretty big fish

Big Shout Out to Rick for trading info with me and the rest of the dangerous old men crew over this past weekend. We didnt do very well around Kellys Island pulling RRs and P10s. We caught some smallies and picked up a couple of good walleyes, but the action was slow slow slow. Chatted with Rick several times and he gave us some advice on where he was and how he was catching the limits. Gave up on Kellys and fished Oak Harbor Sunday trying similar methods as Rick advised. Action was in spurts and for some reason we seemed to lose more fish than we landed. BUT by the end of the day we had 10 Wallys in the boat that all ran between 4.5 and 6.5 lbs. Pretty sweet after a couple days of only spending 5 minutes in the fish cleaning house. Red/Orange RRs caught the most fish for us although I caught the 27" 6.5 lb wally on a green/gold RR. Again, many thanks and I hope to repay the favor in the future. I think we lost 9 or 10 nice fish some very close to the boat on RRs. Kinda surprised me. several that we netted were barely hooked in the lip. Made me think they were hitting short due to speed of 1.8 to 1.9. We slowed down to around 1.5 but didnt get any action. Not sure what the issue was there. Also found that we got more action later in the evening running around 2.0 to 2.3. Beautiful day Sunday. Left Monday due to weather reports. Hope to chat again Rick. I owe you one.

Switched RR hooks to gomigatsu wide gap have not lost near the fish....... we lost 10 in one day before I switched as well