what a day what a day what a day what a day

Thread: what a day

Default what a day

couldnt find anyone to fish with me so I went by myself...they all lost out,one of those days you dream about.from 7:30 am till noon caught 25 smallmouth,3 lb. average with a couple 20 inch fish close to 5.dont know if I'll ever have another day like that again and no one to share it with...oh well

Default ??

Sounds like fun, but where were you fishing?

Waldo Guest

Way to go Wally!!!

My brother in-law has been beggin me to take him smallmouth fishing.
    I usually just go walleye or perch fishing around the islands area as I am coming out of the east harbor.
    Any tips on smallmouth would be appreciated i.e.(techniques, baits etc.)

Talking leaper are awsome

Had the sme type of luck on 20th n 21st 50+ in 2 days posted under W. basin the details you are looking for Waldo and Eyecrazy.

I used softcraws
    on the reefs...like you leaper..not going to say which one cause I'm comming back,but all of them should be holding fish...feeding up for winter with water temp dropping

I agree with you Big Wally that the fish will be there. If you find the right depth with rock on the bottom you'll find leapers. I use to use the soft craws too, it got to expensive feeding all the sheepshead. Is that still a problem? I started using the tubes and gobies and they work very good. My inlaws have a place at Green Cove and before we go out my kids will go out on the docks the evenig before we go out and catch a dozen gobies off the docks in about 15 min. They work very well because they never I repeat never fall off the hook. I call them minnows on steriods. Going back in 10 days, cannot not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck bud. Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!