Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15 Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15 Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15 Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15

Default Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15

It was a very foggy start to the morning. I met my crew (same as yesterday) at Catawba at 6:30 and we headed out at a super fast pace of 6 mph. You could only see about 15 yards around the boat in any direction. The lake was calm though, so it was a smooth ride.

We started out where we left off yesterday off the point of Catawba, west of Mouse Island, and didn't mark the fish like we did the day before. But, we weren't about to pull lines to run anywhere until the sun burned the fog off, later in the morning. We picked up 4 fish by 10:30 and I decided it was time to move.

I know the fish were moving east, so that's what we did. I'm not going to give my location yet, because it's a spot that I need tomorrow. When we arrived there, there were a lot of bugs...the kind you get up your nose and in your mouth by just breathing and talking. There were two boats way up in the distance, so we set lines and started making a "traditional pass" for that area. I just followed my waypoints from last spring.

Same program....dare I repeat myself? lol Smithwick Perfect 10's behind a 1oz snap weight run 30/30. (let 30' of line out..put the snap on...let another 30 feet of line out and attache the planer board). Colors were Lemon Lime Crush (good name, because it "crushed" them!), Barbie, and Halloween. We had two sets of triples to end the day. We had a big mess in the boat, but when a mess is made that way....who cares? Right?

I did have one crawler harness out and it did catch my first harness fish of the season. I mentioned it on the radio and got asked if I wanted to celebrate that fact tonight with him (don't know who it was?)...I won't say what else he suggested, because he was being a bad boy. lol

Anyway, we got our 16 fish with 8 fish just over the 30 inch mark, several 28's, and 29's, and the rest were just "good eaters". It was a GREAT day in the boat with Chris, Mike, and Rob today. Just a total blast! I love Wisconsin people...something about them I can just relate to...wink wink! For those that don't know...I'm originally from Wisco...

The weather for tomorrow looks much the same as today, so I'll be heading back to that spot in the morning. I was scheduled for a four hour trip for tomorrow and Sunday, but it looks like Sunday is going to be a blow day, so they opted to go tomorrow afternoon, after my morning trip. Everyone is happy that way.

On the way to Bay's Edge to drop off their fish this afternoon, my back caliper on the truck seized up....sigh. I just did both of the front ones last week! So, thankfully, my friend, Gary Rahm, who is a whiz mechanic, ordered the parts and had it done before 5pm this evening. I can't thank him enough!! It's good to have friends like him. I would be so screwed right now if he hadn't helped me.

Chris and the boys took me to my favorite restaurant for lunch (The Orchard) and loved the place. They expressed their gratitude for such a fun trip and said they were going to come back again next season. That made me happy.

Fingers are crossed that the fish will still be where I left them, and we can catch them again tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15-chris-utter-double-4-17-15-jpg Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15-chris-utter-4-17-15-jpg Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15-rob-chris-mike-4-17-15-jpg Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15-mike-rob-4-17-15-jpg Day Two with Chris, Mike and Rob 4/17/15-mike-4-17-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thank you again for helping us. You are a class act and obviously know what your talking about. fishing only until 10ish tomorrow. But back 3rd week of June for a week. Scott H

Quote Originally Posted by smhamilt View Post
    Thank you again for helping us. You are a class act and obviously know what your talking about. fishing only until 10ish tomorrow. But back 3rd week of June for a week. Scott H
    Glad you had a successful and fun trip!
    [email protected]

Default p-10

Capt. Juls ,The Barbie and Halloween that you mentioned in your post. Are those custom p-10 's . Where do you get them ?
    Last edited by glowgetter; 04-18-2015 at 06:27 AM. Reason: misspelling
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Good job Captain Juls

Quote Originally Posted by glowgetter View Post
    Capt. Juls ,The Barbie and Halloween that you mentioned in your post. Are those custom p-10 's . Where do you get them ?
    Yes, they are. Happy Hooker had them. I'm not sure when they are getting another shipment in though. Last time I was there he was all out of custom colors. No one has any right now. Just keep checking they will eventually come in.
    [email protected]