Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15 Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15 Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15 Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15

Default Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15

My crew didn't get to town until 2:30am this morning, and only got a few hours of sleep before meeting me at my house, so they could leave their Ranger in my driveway instead of the hotel. They had scheduled a two day trip with me, so they won't be using it until the weekend. I thought it a better idea to leave it here.

Anyway, what a super fun morning! We launched out of Catawba at 7am and headed up around the corner to the area by Mouse, where I have been fishing this past week. The water had really cleaned up over night, and a lot of the water I fished yesterday just looked too clean for my liking. So, we fished along the "mud line" and caught one eye right away, and had two pull backs before the Ferry crossing back from South Bass forced us to make a decision to pick up and move out of its way.
    Waves this morning were 1-3 with an E-NE wind that was gradually laying down to make its switch to the SSW. By 8:30 we were fishing in 2 foot or less conditions, and the air temps were beginning to warm up.

When we moved, we only moved to the west side of the Ferry crossing, so we wouldn't be in its way again. We set lines, but I didn't mark what I wanted to see, so after about 20 minutes with no takers, we decided to pick up and move again. I wanted to see if the fish were over between Green and the Ferry dock on South Bass yet, and headed that way. While we were looking at the Onix for some sign of life, I got a call from Captain Kevin, and he told me to move back in line where we started, but to move more west....so, we did.

I think the fish that I was on yesterday have moved east, and the fish we were on today are moving out from the cans, to the east, so this is like another batch of fresh fish moving through. Hopefully, they will still be there tomorrow, because we had a blast today! After only one fish in the first hour, after we set up on this line, we had another 10 fish in about 20 minutes. We had multiple fish on several times. Woot! Woot!

We ended the day with 16 fish, but they threw the 16th fish back, because I had miscounted how many were in the livewell, and thought we already had our limit....Duh! Tomorrow, I'm pulling out the perch counter thingy to keep track. lol
    The 15 fish went exactly 100 pounds at Bay's Edge fish cleaning.

Again, the program was exactly the same set up as yesterday...Smithwick Perfect 10's set 30/30 with 1oz snap weights
    Colors were the Lemon Lime Crush, Blue/Chrome, Barbie, and Halloween.

The crew was happy, happy, happy, and took me to lunch at Casa Las Palmas to celebrate their good catch. Thanks guys!

After hitting Fisherman's Wharf on the way home, for some custom painted blades to take back to Wisconsin, I dropped the boys off to get their truck, and they headed back to the hotel.

I'm pretty sure they are either sleeping right now, or at a sports bar drinking beer...my bet is on sleeping though. lol

We will be back at it again tomorrow...same bat time...same bat channel...so....

Stay tuned!

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15-chris-utter-4-16-15-jpg Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15-rob-mike-4-16-15-jpg Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15-rob-4-16-15-jpg Fishing with Chris, Mike, and Rob 4/16/15-mike-chris-rob-4-16-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Awesome report Jules! I have caught a bunch of fish in that area you are talking about over the years. I used to circle that little hump just west of Mouse and dodge the Ferry when it came through. I took tomorrow off to make my first trip of the year and hopefully beat the Saturday crowd.

Maybe I'll see you out there!

I'll be there! Good luck tomorrow...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Awesome report as always!

Also, I just wanted to say that I admire how you seem to make every trip you go on so personal. Not saying that anyone else doesn't, but it's pretty impressive how far you go to help your new friends out. Stay safe and good luck!

Thanks for the great report! You rock!

-Matt

From those of us who are landlocked for a while Thank you your reports, vacation can't come soon enough