perch fishing perch fishing perch fishing perch fishing

Thread: perch fishing

kendallg Guest

Default perch fishing

hello all --anyone tell me if catching perch close to catawba state park?only have a 16ft v-bottom looking to catch some perch any sug. or help greatly app.-and if anyone looking for a 36 yr old ex-first mate to help fill a boat almost always willing to go fishing work pending

Lima Eyecatcher Guest

Kendallg

Went out by Kelleys on Saturday and caught a 3 man limit. Took all day as the bite realy didnt start until 230. We moved several times and finished by the Kelleys stone dock. As for fishing around Catawba I heard of a good bite 6 miles out from the Portage river. I heard the bite is good with Shinners and not so good with the Goldies. We had the same experience with the Shinners vs Goldies. I could only find Shinners at a bait shop in Port Clinton. I do not know the name of the bait shop but it is by the Subway shop on Jefferson Street.

Lima Eyecatcher
    Jim

I have only had one day to remember around Catawba for perch in 4 years fishing the area. (about 12 trips) I'm used to Cleveland perch though which average 2 inches longer and twice as many fish.

If you are trailering to Catawba SP, why not head towards Marblehead and drop in at Mazurik's Access? From what I hear better perch fishing in front of Marblehead not out far at all. Only a few miles to Kellys if you want to get a break from a NE wind also.

Good luck,
    Rickerd