Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15 Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15 Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15 Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15

First, let me apologize for the lateness of my report. But, as you read this report you'll understand why it's late.

Yesterday started out pretty early. My crew of father and son met me at my house at 6am, and we stopped for some ice at the gas station that I had paid for the morning before, but forgot to grab after paying for it....duh! The gas station believed me and let me take the ice for yesterday's charter. Thanks Kroger's!

Anyway....we launched out of Mazurk's and were on the water by 7am. We headed back to the area just west of Mouse Island where we had been fishing for the big spawned out females the day before. The strong winds that were forecast out of the SSW hadn't started yet, so we got one pass in going from east to west, but that ended by the time we got to the end of that pass. By then, the wind had started, so we turned the boat around and started a pass with the waves behind us.

We managed their two man limit by 10:30, so I asked if they minded if we tried another spot to fill my limit. I told them I thought the conditions might be better over there too, so they agreed. I headed over to the point at Marblehead, and while the Onix was marking some big marks, we only managed one big walleye out of there, and we decided to call it a day and came in an hour early. Ken and Eric were very happy with their day's catch and were all smiles.

On the way to the fish cleaners, we stopped at a stop light and I asked, "What's burning? It smells like rubber." Eric said, "I think it's your truck". I asked, "Do you think it's the brakes? Or, something in the engine?" To which he replied, "It's definitely not the engine"....much to my relief...whew!
    After dropping their fish off, Eric took a look and determined it was probably a stuck caliper, but he wasn't sure which side was the culprit.

So, I called my mechanic friend, and told him what happened, and asked if he could fix it asap, since I need it to tow my boat everyday. He said, "Let me call and see if I can even get the parts for it first". He could, and told me to bring it over. I did. I had him do both sides, so that both sides had new calipers and pads. It was a nice break actually, because while he was working on my truck, I was able to do a little grilling and we munched on some nice steaks while we were waiting on the parts to show up.

So, I know you're thinking...okay, where's the report? Who cares about your stupid truck? lol

Well, I'm sure you can guess what the program was....same it has been for the past week!
    Lemon Lime Crush Perfect 10's with a 1oz snap weight run at 20/20 and 30/30 caught the most fish. We caught a couple fish on the Purple Demon Reef Runner at 50 back too. Speed was between 1.3 and 1.9...it was all over the place as the waves built throughout the morning.

Eric sent me a text later in the day to tell me his Dad had talked about the trip on their entire 3 hour trip home, and thanked me for a great time. That made me happy.

Today's trip doesn't start until 10 per my guest's request, so....

Stay tuned!

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15-eric-vechera-4-13-15-jpg Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15-eric-vechera_2-4-13-15-jpg Fishing with Ken and Eric Vechera 4/13/15-ken-vechera-4-13-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters