Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15 Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15

Default Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15

After picking up my crew, consisting of older brother Tim and younger brother Matt, (who I took perch fishing last year), we proceeded to Catawba State Park to launch.
    We hit the water at 7:45(ish) and headed over to the south side of South Bass Island. We started an easterly troll on the north side of the deep hole between the ferry dock and Starve Island. We marked a lot of fish, but only got one 8 pounder to bite.

We left there, and headed to the cans. We found some decent mixing water between F and E cans, and made a pass in a northeasterly direction. We picked up two fish there, and got a phone call from a friend working deeper water to the north. He told me to come up there, so we did.

We didn't mark nearly as many fish, but we caught the remaining 5 up there. I wish I could tell you where, but since it wasn't "my spot", I don't feel it is fair to him if I were to. I hope you understand.

What I will say is, I started in 31 foot of water and didn't get a bite until we got back into 30 feet.

The Lemon-Lime Crush Perfect 10 run with a 1oz snap weight at 25/25 and 30/30 back caught the most fish today. The Halloween DHJ12 50 and 85 back caught the rest. We ran Reef Runners at 45-60 back, but didn't get a bite on any of them, (others on the radio seemed to be having success with them), so we took them off and put more Lemon-Lime P-10s out.

It was a slow bite for us today, but the fish were quality fish. Their 8 fish went 54 pounds at the cleaners, so it was close to a 7 pound average. The biggest fish was the last fish of the trip...it was a nice spawned out 30" female. Tim said it was his personal best, so that's pretty cool. It's always fun when people catch their biggest walleye ever when they are fishing Lake Erie.

We had a great time today, and laughed a lot. Tim and Matt are great guys and I really enjoy fishing with them. They will be back in May for another scheduled trip, and I'm looking forward to it.

The weather today was cloudy in the morning, and sunny in the afternoon. Winds were light out of the WSW, and the water temperature was still only in the high 30's to very low 40's...depending on the water clarity.

Tomorrow's trip is only a short 4 hour trip, so hopefully the bite will be a little bit faster tomorrow. I'm thinking of starting at E can and heading north from there. We shall see.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15-matt-mcglothlin-4-11-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15-matt-mcglothlin_2-4-11-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15-tim-mcglothlin-4-11-15-jpg Fishing with the McGlothlin Brothers 4/11/15-tim-mcglothlin_2-4-11-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great report juls......what cleaners do you use this time of year. I don't think bays edge is open yet.

I was told that Bay's Edge is open now. But, today I took them to PC Fish, since it was closest to their hotel.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters