Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15

Default Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15

Today was the first official charter of my 2015 season, and it was successful.
    The weather was not bad...a little damp, but not bad. The winds were light out of the SW, with cloudy skies and drizzle.

We launched out of Catawba at 7:30 am, and headed out towards the area between Round Reef and G Can. The water looked a bit clean for my liking, and the Onix wasn't marking too many fish, so I decided to head up towards Locust Reef, where I heard there was a decent bite going on yesterday.

Once we got up there we set lines, and marked a few fish. The water was even cleaner than it was where we left though. That had me concerned, but we trolled on. We put one fish in the box in the first pass, so we decided to head back down towards F can where a couple friends were fishing, and telling me they were doing okay there.

Once we got down to F can there were more boats out....I'd say there was roughly 2 doz boats in the area between F and G cans this morning. We set up just to the northwest of the can and trolled towards Mouse. We picked up the rest of their limit in that first pass. We were the furthest boat to the east of the pack, and picked up a nice fatty. She was only 29 1/4 inches, but she weighed a whopping 11 pounds! We only had one other fish that hit the 10 pound mark, and the rest were between 4 and 8 pounds.

Mark and Jim are two Wisconsinites that were a real pleasure to have in the boat today. They both have a ton of fishing experience under their belts from fishing for Salmon on Lake Michigan... and, Walleye on Winnebago & Green Bay. I didn't have to do any "training" with the Off Shore boards, so it was like fishing with old friends who came down for the day to go fishing with me.

The program for today was:

Perfect 10's 30/30 with a 1oz....color that worked best was the "Tablerock Gold"...blue/chrome also caught fish at the same distance back.

Deep Husky Jerks...45, 50, 85, and 125 back all caught fish too. Pink Lemonade and Halloween produced a couple of fish each.

Speed was 1.1 to 1.3mph

Water temp at F Can today was 38.7 degrees.

They are down here to fish with me for 4 days, but it looks like tomorrow's forecast will probably keep us off the lake. A prediction of Northeast winds at 20-30mph would not be fun...and probably dangerous.

So, we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get out Wednesday morning.

Stay tuned!
    Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15-mark-castle-jim_2-apr-6-15-jpg Fishing with Mark and Jim 4/6/15-mark-castle-jim-4-6-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Wat to go Juls! Hope you can get out today, but it doesn't look good.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Nice catch and a good report

My crew decided to head back to Wisco this morning and will be back to fish on the 28th and 29th instead, so my next charter won't be until Friday.

Looks like a warm up for the rest of the week, so I think I'll get the boat cleaned up and work in the mud to get the gardens ready for planting in May.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice catch. Well be up Friday fishing hard through weekend. See ya out there