First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15 First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15 First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15 First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15

Default First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15

Well, it's that time again...Weeeeee!

Even though my 3 day charter for today through Sunday was rescheduled earlier this week, for the third week in April, the forecast for today changed enough from then, until now, to make it out on the water for the first trip of the season. (They were traveling from South Dakota).

It was a "fun fishing" trip with Capt Kevin Swartz, who I work with during the season.

It was also a trip to make sure everything on the new Ranger was working properly. I am happy to say it is.

Anyway, today was fun! The fishing was pretty darn good. We had a two man limit of nice walleye within 3 hours. The biggest two were a 29 incher and a 30 inch fish. The rest were a mix from 23-27 inches...nice eaters.

We were pulling Smithwick Perfect 10's with a 1oz snap weight at "20/20" and "30/30" in 27' of water near the firing range. Colors that caught fish were the blue/chrome, Tablerock Gold, Juice, and Lemon-Lime Crush. We also caught two eyes on a Pink Lemonade DHJ12 at 125 back. Speed was 1.3mph.

When I got home there was a nice surprise waiting for me... the new Ulterra was sitting on my front porch. It finally came! Woot! Woot! lol
    I installed it on the boat, and it turns on, but I didn't want to deploy it until it was in the water, since I don't know what the up/down setting is, and I didn't want to damage anything, if it were to hit the winch on the trailer. Better safe than sorry, eh?

I've got the next two days off, and then I'll be fishing straight through from the 6th to the 28th...unless the weather dictates otherwise.

So, the next trip out will be Monday. As of right now, the weather forecast looks like it will be a fishable day, so stay tuned.....

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15-4-3-15-fog-jpg First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15-4-3-15-juls_1-jpg First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15-4-3-15-juls2-jpg First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15-4-3-15-kevin-jpg First Fishing Report of the Season...4/3/15-kevin-4-3-15-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 04-04-2015 at 07:05 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

awesome job to you Juls......I won't get out for a few weeks as I personally have to go to Arizona for a dying relative...however.....it is nice to see reports like this when I get back....as always....a big thanks!

Great report. Saw that new Ranger sitting in your driveway. Great looking boat. Will be out Monday as long as the forecast holds.

Glad to see you're back and running. Hope this is another good year for you.

Great report. Quick question. When you say 20/20 with the snap weight, is that 20 feet from the plug then 20 more back?
    Thanks in advance,
    Finding Nemo

Nice report....we also did well yestersay. Fishing dirty water inside g can. Couldn't get a bite on ddhj. Only reef runners. 50-80 ft back. Captain Jules we also had 10 or so pull backs with fish getting off did you have the same problem.

Blog Entries

Reminder everyone, we have a new PHOTO GALLERY available to all. It's a great way to post your fishing trip images and makes it easier for viewers to see them. I just posted a photo from Captain Juls report below. Contact me if you need help in getting started with it ................... Walleye Rick.

http://community.walleye.com/gallery/?tabid=38

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Captain Jules we also had 10 or so pull backs with fish getting off did you have the same problem?
    No, we went 8 for 8 yesterday. The Gamagatzu hooks on the P-10's are really really "sticky".
    [email protected]

Great report Captain Jules. When you say you ran the plugs 20/20 does that mean you attached the snap weight 20 feet above the plug then ran it another 20 feet back?

Thanks,
    Finding Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Finding Nemo View Post
    Great report Captain Jules. When you say you ran the plugs 20/20 does that mean you attached the snap weight 20 feet above the plug then ran it another 20 feet back?

Thanks,
    Finding Nemo
    Yes, Sir...
    [email protected]