boat issue 1st boat opening after winter boat issue 1st boat opening after winter boat issue 1st boat opening after winter boat issue 1st boat opening after winter

Default boat issue 1st boat opening after winter

So I am a 1st time boat owner. Had last summer but this is 1st time opening after the winter. I put the mufflers on with running water to start the boat. Boat started like a champ. Only issue is its leaking water from the engine. Could it be the freeze plug popped? I have a picture of where it's leaking I will try to add. Any help would be great.

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I would say it is a blown freeze plug, which you should be able to find in your bilge. If not, you have probably cracked the block, which is way bad.
    See if you can locate the freeze plug hole with your finger or a flash lite with the engine off. Good luck and happy fishing!

Found plug sitting on bracket and got it out. It is right behind I believe to be the motor mount so will be hard to get in
    Attached Images Attached Images boat issue 1st boat opening after winter-20150401_182027-jpg 

Default plug

Quote Originally Posted by lengel88 View Post
    Found plug sitting on bracket and got it out. It is right behind I believe to be the motor mount so will be hard to get in
    they make rubber freeze plugs that you can put in and they for hard to get in places got them at nopa