open water? open water? open water? open water?

Thread: open water?

Default open water?

I been scratchin the fishing itch in the detroit river a couple weeks now dodging bergs but would really like to hit the turtle creek area for some jigging. I was wondering if there is any open water in that area yet. Anyone been out to check recently. I know wings has their docks in. Thanks for any help, its the same distance for me to tow boat, would hate to get out there and have to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesnperch View Post
    I been scratchin the fishing itch in the detroit river a couple weeks now dodging bergs but would really like to hit the turtle creek area for some jigging. I was wondering if there is any open water in that area yet. Anyone been out to check recently. I know wings has their docks in. Thanks for any help, its the same distance for me to tow boat, would hate to get out there and have to turn around.
    I was at TC today and the north wind blew the ice in tight to shore. No open water for fishing that area today.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like another Detroit river weekend. Tight lines, fish on.

How have you been doing in Detroit river

Been getting a few each trip. Haven't pulled a limit yet though.

Default P.C area

I was in P.C twice yesterday. all I can tell you is that at 12:00 noon there was ice as far as the eye could see out in front of port Clinton. I was back in town around 4:30 pm after the wind picked up and all the ice was blown out. could only see just a little bit around Catawba.

it wont be long guys hang in there. don't want to get out on the water and have the channel blown shut by ice while you're out there.