Best breading/oil Best breading/oil Best breading/oil Best breading/oil
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best breading/oil

Hi guys.... Just wanted some input on what you guys think is the best breading out there for these lovely walleye i have in my freezer. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. My personal experience is canola oil and shore lunch breading. Anyone have any other ideas as to what tastes better? Please let us all know so we can all try something different this season. Thanks!!!

My wife like's the Uncle Buck's breading you can get at Bass Pro. I don't know if it's anything special, but she really liked it when she tried a sample at the store. As far as the oil, Canola Oil is probably the best tasting oil to fry in. As with any frying, it's less about what type of oil you use so long as you make sure the oil is hot before you drop your food into it. Cold oil ruins food, most electric fryers are too small to drop a lot of food into at once, especially frozen stuff like fries or chicken, because they cool the oil off too fast.

Andy's Cajun.
    Bar none the best I've ever had...if you like spicy.

Andy's original and Cajun is both good. Also like drakes beer batter then rolled in golden dipt bread crumbs.

Kellog's corn flake crumbs are my favorite. Dust the fillet in flour and salt & pepper, dip in egg, milk and a little maple syrup for sweet, corn flake crumbs in a gallon zip lock and shake the fillet in them, ready for the fryer. Vegetable oil in a large pot on the stove. Been doing it this way for 40 years. Kellogs corn flake crumbs are already to go in a box by the bread crumbs in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by EYEFISH4FOOD View Post
    Hi guys.... Just wanted some input on what you guys think is the best breading out there for these lovely walleye i have in my freezer. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. My personal experience is canola oil and shore lunch breading. Anyone have any other ideas as to what tastes better? Please let us all know so we can all try something different this season. Thanks!!!
    IMO you've already got the combo!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Another vote for Andy's, OG or Cajun. Dipped in egg milk mix then into dry breading.

I like to use 2:1 ratio of Andy's Original to Cajun. I also agree the Kellogg's Corn Flake coating is pretty darn delicious.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I also have mixed the andys white to Cajun 50/50 are old time way is egg and milk dip then into crushed club house crackers anyway they seem to come out a lot better if you don't let them sit to long with the breading on before you fry and I like to dump out onto a screen of some sorts to let the oil drip off instead of putting on paper

I'm a fan of Drakes if the oil is hot/perfect and the batter doesn't get soggy. However, I've been using my Mom's old recipe which is crushed Saltine crackers, with filets dipped in egg. Surprisingly simple and good! You can season the crushed crackers to your liking. Where do you get this Andy's?