Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bert's Custom Tackle

Hey I think you need to find another site. Because everyone here wants to help each other. We are outdoorsman and not not stupid. It's because of engineers that a normal back yard mechanic can't change a spark plug anymore because of all the computer ******** you have to deal with. Find another site to throw your education around on

lock nuts with a backing plate or even large fender washers will work just fine. the Teflon nuts are just nuts with Teflon on the end. I mounted my tracks on my boat with just ss screws. I wanted to make sure they would hold so I put 2-rod holders out 90 degrees and grabbed on. I lifted my 250# weight and jerked as hard as I could and it held just great. I used riggers in the tracks once but tied them to the boat just in case. i removed the tracks the other day to put them on another boat. the screws were still as tight as they were when I installed them a few yrs ago. and I wouldn't use riggers on them often without using bolts with Teflon nuts with some type of backing plate. i use my rod holders for running 3 lite bite slide divers per side.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish junkie View Post
    Hey I think you need to find another site. Because everyone here wants to help each other. We are outdoorsman and not not stupid. It's because of engineers that a normal back yard mechanic can't change a spark plug anymore because of all the computer ******** you have to deal with. Find another site to throw your education around on
    yeah, we're all here to help each other. i know another engineer and he's as obnoxious as this guy is. if all he's going to do is slam his fellow sportsman he should find a better passtime.

When people are wrong, they ARE wrong and ignorant silence by other professional guys like me to set them straight is not something I subscribe too. I'm here to help the guys who need advice NOT from fools who don't like what I have to say and call me a PRICK! You guys need to continue on the the union meeting and stop on the local bar to get drunk while you talk about why your lack of employer dental insurance won't cover your rotting teeth? LMAO...? I seem to hear distant banjos on this site. You guys are here to help each only if it is the best interests of half ass opinions by people who couldn't grab their butts with both hands.
    Last edited by fishreed; 10-03-2021 at 07:46 AM.

I think you need to find another site with smarter guys as you look for your buddy, Peabody. Sherman and Peabody, that was a great cartoon you arrogant ignorant bombastic Prick! How do you like me now. MR 433 posts?

RE: fishreed
    Some of you have given him more respect than he deserves by insinuating that he is a fellow sportsman. As of 8:51 am today 10/03/2021 he has made a total 8 postings, 7 of which have been on this 6.5+ year old topic, which was originally started on 03/18/2015. None of the postings he has made have applied to the original subject matter of this thread topic nor have any of the postings he has made applied to any fishing related subjects.
    His reading comprehension must be some where between Zero(0) and minus five(-5) as the last sentence in the first paragraph of the original post clearly states the holder base plate then engages the track! Now tell me how would you use a stainless nylock nut on a 10-24 machine screw that treads into the upright rod holder riser tube that are pre drilled and tapped that attaches the riser tube to the base plate? The boat in question already had dealer/factory installed rails for the rod holder assembly and the problem never was about the rail system but about the rod holder riser assembly.

The subjects he prefers to address in his postings are character assassination and look at me I am a legend in my own mind.

Just remember that Anyone can put a sign in their yard stating they are an expert on any subject, it still doesn't make it it true, it just makes it a sign. In this case fishreed has put a cyber sign in OUR yard claiming that he is an expert in metallurgical engineering. He is an insult to our intelligence! He is full of road apples and he knows it, but he is to small to admit it.

Eyezcrazy summed it up about as good as it could be. Quote "What an arrogant prick!"

He seems to be offended that someone would call him an arrogant PRICK. Why would anyone call Professor fishreed an arrogant prick?

Well it's because you are an arrogant prick!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    RE: fishreed
    Some of you have given him more respect than he deserves by insinuating that he is a fellow sportsman. As of 8:51 am today 10/03/2021 he has made a total 8 postings, 7 of which have been on this 6.5+ year old topic, which was originally started on 03/18/2015. None of the postings he has made have applied to the original subject matter of this thread topic nor have any of the postings he has made applied to any fishing related subjects.
    His reading comprehension must be some where between Zero(0) and minus five(-5) as the last sentence in the first paragraph of the original post clearly states the holder base plate then engages the track! Now tell me how would you use a stainless nylock nut on a 10-24 machine screw that treads into the upright rod holder riser tube that are pre drilled and tapped that attaches the riser tube to the base plate? The boat in question already had dealer/factory installed rails for the rod holder assembly and the problem never was about the rail system but about the rod holder riser assembly.

The subjects he prefers to address in his postings are character assassination and look at me I am a legend in my own mind.

Just remember that Anyone can put a sign in their yard stating they are an expert on any subject, it still doesn't make it it true, it just makes it a sign. In this case fishreed has put a cyber sign in OUR yard claiming that he is an expert in metallurgical engineering. He is an insult to our intelligence! He is full of road apples and he knows it, but he is to small to admit it.

Eyezcrazy summed it up about as good as it could be. Quote "What an arrogant prick!"

He seems to be offended that someone would call him an arrogant PRICK. Why would anyone call Professor fishreed an arrogant prick?

Well it's because you are an arrogant prick!
    You need to STFU Son, as you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt to the fine folks riding the "short bus" you are an IGNORANT LOSER! See my other posts for a more detailed description and quit hitting on the toothless stinky truck stop waitress. You bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    yeah, we're all here to help each other. i know another engineer and he's as obnoxious as this guy is. if all he's going to do is slam his fellow sportsman he should find a better passtime.
    Does my solution to the problem piss you off? Get over it. Nobody asked for your 2 bit opinion did they? You and Wakina would make a great couple? Did I ask anybody here for a site approval for my suggestion to the problem who has more posts than me? You don't like my suggestions, fine. Unless you have better qualification than me other than more posts, take some more of my advice and just STFU!

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I will be getting some pics up of the problem as soon as I am able. In the hospital recovering from another bout with pneumonia. Hopefully another week and I will be well enough to function.
    Didn't you get your Covid, pneumonia or Shingles vaccinations pal or did you question the expert advice of qualified medical professionals too?

Quote Originally Posted by fishreed View Post
    Didn't you get your Covid, pneumonia or Shingles vaccinations pal or did you question the expert advice of qualified medical professionals too?
    Yes to all of your questions about my vaccinations. I got them all at a qualified Doctors office or qualified hospital vaccination clinic. The people who administered the various vaccines had their Professional credentials on full display at an obvious prominent location at their place of business with their medical board issued license in full display as well as their academic achievement credentials such as school attended, the location of and the dates they had attended med school and dates of graduations. I proceeded with the various vaccinations after consultation with not only those professionals who administered the vaccines but licensed professional pharmacists from our local drug stores.

You on the other hand have offered no viable proof that you are and engineer in the metallurgical profession. You offer nothing but hollow condescending BS about how smart you are. You have projected all of the traits of and insecure condescending and arrogant prick looking for attention! An engineer friend of mine once told me of an old engineering saying that "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance you should baffle them with bullsh**". But you being an engineer and all must already knew that don't you.

You have failed miserably at both, so keep throwing your play ground insults at the members of this site as it shows your actual intelligence level. One thing that is for sure is that all or most all of the members on Walleye dot Com can identify a condescending arrogant prick when they see one, hear one or read what one may type on forums such as this. You fit that description perfectly. On top of all that you are so full of Road Apples(sh**it) your breath stinks and your eyes are brown. You reek so bad that your odor can be detected on the internet.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip