canada license canada license canada license canada license
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canada license

Default canada license

I purchased a Canada fishing license last month on line. I paid for it, $68 with may credit card. I expected to receive it in the mail. After contacting Canada dnr, I was told that an email was sent to me and I should print it. Well, I deleted it and they tell me another email cannot be sent. So... no license.... bs

I know it may seem too obvious, but have you checked your trash folder? And although I agree it shouldn't be impossible for a retailer to resend emails, especially when that email is in fact the product they sold to their customer, it's not exactly all on them in this instance. Can you log into your account you used to buy it and reporting or resend it?

I get a annual Ontario license every year online. The only thing they mail to you is your green outdoors card, when needed, which is good for I think 4 years. The license is printed on the spot. It even prompts you to test your printer before buying the license. Then the sale is saved to your computer in a pdf file. Search your C:drive for it. I'm sure its in your downloads folder. I like to print two copies, 1 for the boat glove box, and 1 for wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    I get a annual Ontario license every year online. The only thing they mail to you is your green outdoors card, when needed, which is good for I think 4 years. The license is printed on the spot. It even prompts you to test your printer before buying the license. Then the sale is saved to your computer in a pdf file. Search your C:drive for it. I'm sure its in your downloads folder. I like to print two copies, 1 for the boat glove box, and 1 for wallet.
    I also take a screenshot of mine with my phone....

Might be able to apply for a lost license, just maybe. Mike

The site says if it is your first time purchasing the outdoor card....both will also be mailed to you.

I'm trying to figure out if we need a passport also....I've read different answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    The site says if it is your first time purchasing the outdoor card....both will also be mailed to you.

I'm trying to figure out if we need a passport also....I've read different answers.
    Your outdoor card will be mailed to you but you can print out your license once you complete the app. and pay. I save mine on the computer as a PDF and can print another one if one is lost or destroyed. Regardless what you hear from anyone out there. You do not, I repeat do not need a Passport to fish or cruise in Canadian waters of Lake Erie. You need a passport to step on shore in Canada but not to fish or boat on their waters. You must call in and answer their questions and you must write down the number they give you so if are your boarded you have proof you checked in. I spend a lot of time fishing over there and have never had an issue. Other than answering my cell phone over there and getting hit with international roaming charge. I turn my phone off now whenever I am crossing the border.

Quote Originally Posted by mkalink View Post
    Your outdoor card will be mailed to you but you can print out your license once you complete the app. and pay. I save mine on the computer as a PDF and can print another one if one is lost or destroyed. Regardless what you hear from anyone out there. You do not, I repeat do not need a Passport to fish or cruise in Canadian waters of Lake Erie. You need a passport to step on shore in Canada but not to fish or boat on their waters. You must call in and answer their questions and you must write down the number they give you so if are your boarded you have proof you checked in. I spend a lot of time fishing over there and have never had an issue. Other than answering my cell phone over there and getting hit with international roaming charge. I turn my phone off now whenever I am crossing the border.
    Thanks for the info. How difficult is it to do the call in, any problems getting through and how far in advance to you do it? And yes the international rates on cell calls suck! I get hit a lot while I'm even close to the border!

The call in is pretty easy. I was put on hold once for being busy. Have all you passengers name and birthday ready when you call. Along with your boat registration numbers. Answer there basic boarder crossing questions. They then give you a conformation number. And that's it. Your suppose to call in as soon as you cross boarder. I have been on boats that called in when leaving there dock. I call in about mile south while still have good US cell reception.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOONFEEDER View Post
    The call in is pretty easy. I was put on hold once for being busy. Have all you passengers name and birthday ready when you call. Along with your boat registration numbers. Answer there basic boarder crossing questions. They then give you a conformation number. And that's it. Your suppose to call in as soon as you cross boarder. I have been on boats that called in when leaving there dock. I call in about mile south while still have good US cell reception.
    This exactly how I do it. The questions are simple, Do you have any fruit or vegetables?, Do you have more than $10000 in cash on you? Do you have any alcohol on board? I never take any alcohol with me when I fish across the border. You can take it but it must be stored away in the cabin and cannot be consumed while on the water. I carry index cards and a sharpie on my boat all the time and I write down the conformation number on the card. I hang the card from my T-top so I know right where it is if they come to check. I'm not 100% sure but I think you are to display the conformation number So I am covered either way.