Anyone out Friday Anyone out Friday Anyone out Friday Anyone out Friday

Default Anyone out Friday

Want to make one last trip to the big pond for a day. Anyone have a report from Friday. Thanks for any info

I was at the lake today checking things out at camp etc. Probably 20 trucks sitting at Wild Wings Marina by the beach with at least half from out of state. I saw no open water but I heard a 4 wheeler went down yesterday there at WW right off the beach. All shanties were west of a line from W Wings to W Sis. I did not talk to anybody that had been fishing today though. Not much else to report as I saw very little traffic relating to ice fishing.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Walked out to a group west of Catawba Friday morning. Ice surface was re-froze and travel was good. Fishing wasn't, they had only caught a few. Ice thickness was diminishing, one guy was on 12 inches where it was probably 19 a week ago.

Was going to go out in the afternoon over at Wild Wings / Crane Creek area, but other fisherman had to cancel so didn't go out. Not many fisherman at Crane Creek in the afternoon, they looked to be about 3 miles out. By late afternoon the surface was softening up, and the light rain was adding to it. On the drive home looking out at the Lake the ice was changing color from mostly white to mostly gray. I would expect the surface to be slushy and wet on Saturday, especially by Saturday afternoon. I did hear of some limits caught in the area east of Wild Wings, about 3 miles out.

Thanks for the info. Decided to call it a season...have to have respect for the big pond or it will bite ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMaxx View Post
    Thanks for the info. Decided to call it a season...have to have respect for the big pond or it will bite ya!
    Me too. I've got buddies out that asked me to come along but I opted out. Little too sketchy for me. Besides that, I've got to rebuild the transom on the boat before I can get in on the jig bite.