Father Daughter... Father Daughter... Father Daughter... Father Daughter...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Father Daughter...

A couple weeks ago I posted about me thinking of taking my 7 year old daughter on the ice.

I did not take her Saturday when we went out to "A" can. We ended up with 7 walleye in the group with Skipper9 catching a pretty nice hawg. We didn't measure or weigh it, but it was a really nice fish.

However, I am posting to let all of you who where concerned about my fathering skills and the safety of my daughter.

As I said, I didn't take her Saturday... But on Sunday she really wanted to experience ice fishing. So I loaded up the sled and shanty and all the gear and drove over to East Harbor. Even though it was only about .25 miles offshore and you could easily see the ramp from the ice we got the full experience.

She had a blast. She told her mother and grandparents all about it and said it was even better than regular fishing.

By the end of the day she ended up sight fishing while holding the line and leaning over the hole. She would drop the wax worm down until she could just barely see it, wait for a fish to take it and hand line it in.

She came home and is all safe and sound.

I don't know how many bluegills she caught, but we kept 8 really nice ones and she had fish nuggets for dinner and loved it!

-Matt
    Last edited by Madd Matt; 02-24-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Doesn't get much better than that! Glad to hear she had fun.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

That's awesome! Good for her. She'll remember that day for the rest of her life!

You are a lucky guy......daddy's little girl!

a fathers love for his daughter, and she will remember it......

WTG Matt. Cant always listen to the well intentioned nay sayers. Glad your daughter had a good time

Thats what being a dad is all about !!! We need more people like you!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing. Precious. we have a new photo gallery available to everyone so please feel free to start posting photos to the gallery.

Thanks guys! She did have a great time and she keeps asking when we are going back. She is my little fishing buddy.
    My only problem on soft water is that I told her one time that the rule is that we don't come in until we limit out or its too dark to fish... I was trying to set an expectation of a long day and avoid her getting bored and thinking that coming in was an option. Now when we aren't catching anything for 2-3 hours and it's 3:00 in the afternoon she says to me, "Daddy, we don't go in until we limit or it's dark, that's what you said."

Thanks again everyone!

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Thanks guys! She did have a great time and she keeps asking when we are going back. She is my little fishing buddy.
    My only problem on soft water is that I told her one time that the rule is that we don't come in until we limit out or its too dark to fish... I was trying to set an expectation of a long day and avoid her getting bored and thinking that coming in was an option. Now when we aren't catching anything for 2-3 hours and it's 3:00 in the afternoon she says to me, "Daddy, we don't go in until we limit or it's dark, that's what you said."

Thanks again everyone!

-Matt
    Uh oh, now you went and done it.

I think that's great!

Way to go matt!!! That's beyond awesome!!!! Memories will last a lifetime!!!