Sleds and Ice Sleds and Ice Sleds and Ice Sleds and Ice

Thread: Sleds and Ice

Default Sleds and Ice

Anyone running liquid cooled sleds on the ice this season or past seasons having any trouble with overheating issues? I would like to here some thoughts from members that have experience and the do's and don'ts on the liquid cooled machines. Any input would be greatly appreciated before I invest in another toy!

Liquid cooled sleds aren't a problem if 1-there's enough snow on the ice to keeps the rads wet or 2-you install scratchers on the track to dig up ice as you go which does the same thing as having snow on the ground. I believe there's a thread by Dirtymaxx under Snow that discusses this.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesnperch View Post
    Liquid cooled sleds aren't a problem if 1-there's enough snow on the ice to keeps the rads wet or 2-you install scratchers on the track to dig up ice as you go which does the same thing as having snow on the ground. I believe there's a thread by Dirtymaxx under Snow that discusses this.
    Found it. Thank you!

Another thing to consider. If you are overheating you should also probably be putting dish soap on your sliders, because if there isn't enough snow to cool your motor, there likely isn't enough to lube your sliders either.

I had a 440 Liquid and now an 800 liquid. I burnt up a set of sliders last year on a single trip out past west sister and back, because I didn't soap em.