Otter Rod Box Lost......Reward if returned. Otter Rod Box Lost......Reward if returned. Otter Rod Box Lost......Reward if returned. Otter Rod Box Lost......Reward if returned.

Default Otter Rod Box Lost......Reward if returned.

Helping a friend try to recover his Otter Rod Box. We were out of Crane about 5 miles and it fell out of the sled. Went back 30 minutes later and it was gone. Please let me know if anyone found it. This was on Tuesday, Feb. 17th.

Thanks!

How about a report and details on how you did on Tuesday?

Default Crane Tuesday

We fished 4 miles nnw of crane Tuesday, 2 of us caught 7. lost 7-8 halfway to the hole. The best bites came from #3 jigging raps/perch colored tipped with the smallest shiners in the bucket. The smaller hooks on the #3s cause you to loose a lot of fish, but you seem to get twice as many hits...so larger baits/less bites or smaller baits/more lost at the hole...you choose. Also, we had problems with one of our quads Tuesday, all our gear was too heavy to tow it all back at once, so we decided to tow the quad about halfway back then go back and get the shantys, then repeat. By the time we went back to grab the shantys 2 a-holes were digging threw our stuff. Anybody with morals knows how much that stuff costs and you would know that someone will be coming back as soon as possible and leave it alone or maybe drag it back to the beach and get a little good karma. And on a good note, 2 guys on a big quad helped tow us back the rest of the way and refused to take any money for helping.....that's the kind of people that hopefully get something from my reports and are always welcome fishing on my end of the lake.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    We fished 4 miles nnw of crane Tuesday, 2 of us caught 7. lost 7-8 halfway to the hole. The best bites came from #3 jigging raps/perch colored tipped with the smallest shiners in the bucket. The smaller hooks on the #3s cause you to loose a lot of fish, but you seem to get twice as many hits...so larger baits/less bites or smaller baits/more lost at the hole...you choose. Also, we had problems with one of our quads Tuesday, all our gear was too heavy to tow it all back at once, so we decided to tow the quad about halfway back then go back and get the shantys, then repeat. By the time we went back to grab the shantys 2 a-holes were digging threw our stuff. Anybody with morals knows how much that stuff costs and you would know that someone will be coming back as soon as possible and leave it alone or maybe drag it back to the beach and get a little good karma. And on a good note, 2 guys on a big quad helped tow us back the rest of the way and refused to take any money for helping.....that's the kind of people that hopefully get something from my reports and are always welcome fishing on my end of the lake.
    Thanks for the Info I will try to put a larger hook on my small jigs and give it a try. Sorry to hear people trying to rip you off how rude

Thanks for the great report. Hope you get the rod box back. And wtf on a holes digging through stuff some people just aren't right.

Default People going thru your stuff

I hope you scared the sh*t out of those guys going thru your stuff. That is unreal. What were they doing? Stealing? I wouldn't stand for that. These are the type of people that give all hunters/fisherman a bad rap. I would hope the majority of fisherman/hunters are ethical like the rest of us and willing to help anyone/anytime. I know we helped tow 2 quads last year a good 4-5 miles in the dark and of course, wouldn't take a penny either... It's just the right thing to do. Good luck to all.