Ice Fishing Report! Ice Fishing Report! Ice Fishing Report! Ice Fishing Report!
    hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default Ice Fishing Report!

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron and i just signed up today and am looking forward to posting and receiving fishing reports. Well, right now i am interested in the ice fishing going on on lake erie. Ive been out off of catawba state park the past two weekends, and have only saw two walleye caught. In two trips to the ice, i haven't had the first strike. Im just trying to figure out what the problem is. Are the fish not there, are they not hungry, are there too many baitfish, what??? Last year at this time, u couldn't do nothing wrong, all u had to do is put your jig and minnow near bottom, and they would take it. Hek, i talked to a guy that said he had a friend that went to South Bass Island with 5 other guys and in 2 full days of fishing, only caught 1 walleye. Now come on, something ain't right. Well, there's a warm spell right now, but i think the ice will survive it and may be ok for this upcoming weekend 3/8 and 3/9 for a couple hundred yards off of the state park. If anyone has any ideas about what is going on or how to catch finiky walleye, please let me know. Another thing, is fishing in clean water better than fishing in murky water? Just curious, theres a spot about 400 yards off the state park in 19 ft of water that's clean, it's called sugar rock. Do any of ya thing there may be walleye there? Any replies will be apperciated. Thanks, Aaron

Smile Not this year

I have a friend who has an airboat and they have been going out the islands, crane creek, camp perry and the story is the same. Dirty water & few fish. Last year we had solid ice and cold temps which did not melt off the agricultural fields. This year we had the second most snowfall ever in the Toledo area and it's all melting. It snows-it melts, it snows- it melts. Then we get 50 mph winds which wont let the ice lock up to let us get out into the currents which draw the fish in. Then for good measure it rains. It's my believe the fish are holding up east of Kelleys waiting for the water to clear up. They dont want to run into muddy water. I was off Crane Creek yesterday and the ice was gone. Went to Camp Perry and the ice was gone. Turned up into Monroe, MI (Brest Bay) fished off Stoney Point in 18 FOW and no one caught any there either. Just not going to happen. The spot you are talking about does produce if the walleye are running up the current, but I dont think they are. We'll just have to get extra aggressive jigging for payback.