mikes sport fishing (not a report) mikes sport fishing (not a report) mikes sport fishing (not a report) mikes sport fishing (not a report)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mikes sport fishing (not a report)

I was checking out the website and it tells about 8 hr trips. Does anyone know if it is a set departure time. It would be worth a day off to get an eye or 2 through the ice. I haven't ice fished erie since I was a kid and that was perchin. I hit marinas and inland lakes a few times a year but usually just for somethin to do.

I was also wonderin if I go alone will there be others to pair up with. Not sure I can find anyone willing to spend the dough. I reckon I have heard you guys talk highly about this fellow mike patterson.

I guess I'm just wonderin if would be a good time for just me to make the trip. My freezer has plenty of gills and perch, but I'm outta eyes.
    Any response would be cool, posts or pms. Thanks
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you can find someone on this group to go out with. Everyone on here is more then willing to help out! When are you looking to go?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a trailer for my sled to get it out there. I'm on 2nd shift and work pretty much 7 days a week so day of the week doesn't matter. I'm good with directions but I'm not familiar at all with the launches out that way. My tackle is mainly pan fish but do have a good selection of stuff I bought this year with hopes of gettin out.for eyes. I'd be grateful for the offer to tag along. My number is 419 509 5430 if you feel like throwin a text.
    What kind of line does everyone use? I'm not a fan of braid but if that's what it takes...
    I'm Tim, by the way
    Last edited by MasterKraft; 02-18-2015 at 12:42 AM.

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a text message sir, if you do not get texts my number is 608-370-9933. Feel free to give me a call!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can hook up with someone in here that is great and maybe your best option.

If not, and you need a guide, this guy does well and is a local longtime ice guide.

John Lesniewski - 419-466-7360

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Soup has an open spot and I'm set up to meet up with them sunday. I'm pysched!
    Went to my local bait shop here in town and he said he's hearin real good things about crane creek. Somethin about past the ledge or somethin like that.

The guys I'm meetin are gonna be out friday and saturday so they can scout out where the fish are. Then all I gotta do is show up and reel
    Em in. Lol just kiddin. Good luck be safe.

Do you tie direct or use the round swivels? I'd like to be set up when I get there somewhat. This may sound dumb but you don't use them spring bobbers on your rod tips for walleye do ya?

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the putting the pressure on me Tim lol. Look forward to meeting you on sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait! Took my name off the list for work. Gonna need time to clean em once I get home

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Default what a bummer

After takin all weekend off of time and a half and double time sunday I'm sittin home doin nuthin. Ran around town all week gettin stuff together and building an ice sled/fishing chair I got blown off. Was set up to meet some guys this morning to go eye hunting. Was in touch all week and then the weekend gets here my texts go unanswered. For everyone out there, think it through before you commit to invite someone fishing. And if for some reason you can't follow through, at least let the guy know. Its kind of a let down on my end of the deal. Ill post pictures of my ice fishing contraption soon. Turned out pretty cool, but I haven't tried to pull it yet. Lol

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that stinks. Had a guy do that same thing to me and the boy from Ludington last year salmon fishing. True bummer!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav