Fishing reports Fishing reports Fishing reports Fishing reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing reports

Default Fishing reports

This forum is suppose to be about fishing reports , not where ya clean them or what sherif a hole said 7 years ago. Wed/thurs 4.5 miles NNW out of Catawba. Brutal north winds and white out conditions. Fishing was slow both days 8-10 fish with 5 guys. Mostly on gold/green pimples. Friday 4.5 miles out of Crane straight toward west sister. Limits for all in 3 hrs. Lots of guys were out 3-4 more mile but that did not seem necessary. Very cold coming in for 10 days. If wind doesn't tear anything up , and I don't think it will. Fishing should be great thru February. Western basin locked up. Electronics for navigation are a must and bring extra batteries. Stick together and have a blast!!!

Wish I was fishin so I could post a report!

Looks like frozen fish stick for dinner. Good report and even better advice.

Thanks, good reort, musky. Am I allowed to post that?
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Huskymusky669

Come on lighten up some!

You do know don't you, that 25% of your posts/replies on this forum (Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports) are not directly related to fishing techniques, conditions or reports. Just to remind you here is a link to the 1st and 2nd non fishing reports replies/posts.

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=7396

You now have a total 8 posts on walleye.com and 1/4th of your posts/replies to/in this forum would not pass your own smell test! So please stop throwing rocks or you may break your glass house.
    Last edited by wakina; 02-14-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Well put, Wakina. At this time of year its nice to just talk fish between fellow fisherman. I work too much to get out on the ice but its nice to just b.s. back and forth while we wait for spring.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

I'm not gonna fish in 30mph wind, but I still like to talk about it. If people only posted fishing reports, this forum would be shut down for 4 months a year.

Default Wow

I guess what I am saying is there were 400 people fishing out of Magee Marsh Friday and not a single post about conditions or fishing reports. Lots of guys depend on reports to decide if they are driving 2-3 hrs./hotel room/etc... To ice fish. Sometimes we go 2-3 years without these conditions where you have to fly to islands to ice fish erie. Would be nice for some quality info for out of town folks. Being from out of town does not mean you are inexperienced on erie ice. I'm sure I wasn't the only member slamming Waldo - Sauruses on Friday. Stuff like " here is where we got em boys ". Would be nice once in a while.

Thanks for stepping up Huskymusky. Did you have to navigate around a lot of shove ice. Another poster said he could see a lot from shore in that area. I also am almost 3 hours away, and haven't made the trip yet this year because of being scared of the weather conditions or other factors. My partners or I can't get away from work during the week very easily, so it makes it tough. Planning on it this coming weekend though, hopefully. Think the fish will still be in that area?

Travel on a quad was easy and only one other shove after first 1/2 mile. Much easier and solid compared to frozen slush mess over at Catawba St. Park. That was Friday! After 5 inches snow and heavy west winds today , who knows? Hopefully some posts after Sunday will reveal the conditions. Fishing should stay good as this is a big staging area before the spawn and will probably only get better. You still have to find em once your out there.

Im sorry for posting questions rather than reports. Yes I asked about fish cleaning. Thats why I created another thread. Heres an idea. If it doesnt say report, ignore the thread. This forum has always been a great place for guys to share all info. I do realize that some folks get way off topic in certain threads. Im just greatful for the forum. I do plan on going out next weekend. I will post report.
    Be safe out there.