Place to clean fish (if needed of course) Place to clean fish (if needed of course) Place to clean fish (if needed of course) Place to clean fish (if needed of course)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Place to clean fish (if needed of course)

All,

hopefully next weekend's weather is decent enough to get out. Staying for a couple of days. Are there any places (other than my tailgate) that I could clean fish. Staying in the Port clinton area.

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Leave 'em frozen in a gunny sack in the back of the truck 'til you get home. That's what we always did.

Post Thanks / Like

That was my first option. Its just one lest thing to do when we get home. I realize unless there is a heated fish cleaning house they won't thaw out enough anyway.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if you clean them the same day you catch 'em, they'll probably only be frozen halfway through, especially the bigger ones. I always thought they were easier to clean half frozen anyway. Makes for cold hands though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just drop them off on my front porch. Ill take real good care of them.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

Throw the fish in a garbage bag soon as or shortly after you catch them (will keep them from freezing up)....wear a pair of the CHEAP gloves with rubber palms and fingers (usually sold with a couple pairs in a pack) that will keep fingers from freezing while cleaning the COLD fish. Once done throw the gloves away or just wash them like your washing your hands, rinse a couple times and let dry and your good to go. As far as places to clean...well hotel rooms work decent but requires heavy cleaning to get rid of the evidence(more than the typical cleaning lady does). I started cleaning mine in the covered trailer soon as we get back to the lot before we load the machines. 4' folding table, couple trash bags for the scrap and a buddy heater and last but not least a couple people cleaning and a guy or 2 helping get the scrap in the trash bags Well clean 20-30 fish in 20 minutes or so and have the rest of the evening to relax and no more work once you get home other than rinse the meat and rebag

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefisher2 View Post
    Throw the fish in a garbage bag soon as or shortly after you catch them (will keep them from freezing up)....wear a pair of the CHEAP gloves with rubber palms and fingers (usually sold with a couple pairs in a pack) that will keep fingers from freezing while cleaning the COLD fish. Once done throw the gloves away or just wash them like your washing your hands, rinse a couple times and let dry and your good to go. As far as places to clean...well hotel rooms work decent but requires heavy cleaning to get rid of the evidence(more than the typical cleaning lady does). I started cleaning mine in the covered trailer soon as we get back to the lot before we load the machines. 4' folding table, couple trash bags for the scrap and a buddy heater and last but not least a couple people cleaning and a guy or 2 helping get the scrap in the trash bags Well clean 20-30 fish in 20 minutes or so and have the rest of the evening to relax and no more work once you get home other than rinse the meat and rebag
    This sounds like a plan, but my open trailer won't work quite as well.