Maumee River Walleye Run Maumee River Walleye Run Maumee River Walleye Run Maumee River Walleye Run
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Defernaut View Post
    Oldest trick in the book. Those big hawg walleyes will dress up in a carp suit thinking if they get caught they will just be thrown back. I hope you didn't fall for it.
    That was actually a Smallmouth dressed like a Carp. That's what I was fishing for that day. They don't fool me. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wheezer View Post
    I bought a trolling sinker mold a couple years ago and pour my own weights. It gives me something to do on cold winter nights. I have more sinkers than I can ever use but for some reason I still like to go out in the garage and make more. Hopefully the ice will break up in the river soon.
    I almost bought a drop shot mold but I just couldn't justify that much money. Plus, I've already got to pour a few thousand 9mm bullets and run them through a sizer so pouring something else would cut into that. I do intend to buy a stinker mold soon though. I'm tired of paying so much for sinkers when I have 3-4 5 gallon buckets full of wheel weights just sitting there.

Default Maumee Timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    I almost bought a drop shot mold but I just couldn't justify that much money. Plus, I've already got to pour a few thousand 9mm bullets and run them through a sizer so pouring something else would cut into that. I do intend to buy a stinker mold soon though. I'm tired of paying so much for sinkers when I have 3-4 5 gallon buckets full of wheel weights just sitting there.
    I fellas. Thanks for the good read on the Maumee. I'm going to be off 3/18-3/23 and was hoping to ice fish the big lake, but that's starting to look pretty slim. Your thread on the Maumee is interesting, but is the timing right? Any chance it will be fishable these dates? If it is, will there be any fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Fish View Post
    I fellas. Thanks for the good read on the Maumee. I'm going to be off 3/18-3/23 and was hoping to ice fish the big lake, but that's starting to look pretty slim. Your thread on the Maumee is interesting, but is the timing right? Any chance it will be fishable these dates? If it is, will there be any fish?
    I don't expect the Maumee to be fishable by then not do I expect it to be warm enough to kick off the run. 40 degrees is the target temperature.

Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts where you would fish during this period?

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Maumee River is out for at least a week. I will post some photos in a day or two but the river is way over flood stage and full of ice chunks. There are huge ice piles at the flood line, in some places a quarter mile from the river, some as big and tall as many have seen in years. There will probably be a lot of damage to traditional fishing access areas such as Buttonwood, Side Cut Park, and Orleans Park. I would guess the river fishing won't really start for two weeks assuming they don't get more significant rain. It will probably take time to clear and repair access areas once the water level does come down enough to get into those areas.

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/...296565711.html

May be a challenge getting to the river.

Good Lord, I've seenstuff like that before but NEVER quite like this. Don't think it was this bad last year. wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Century View Post
    http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/...296565711.html

May be a challenge getting to the river.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

So much for believing the river report. That's pretty incredible. That's scarier than two years ago when the Ohio and Great Miami were so high that there were white caps moving over what is usually a corn field nearly a mile away from either river.

Hopefully the rain holds off to let the river drain. Glad to hear nobody has been hurt.

Went down to the White St access this evening. Appears to be fishable there along with Orleans Park, where a few were fishing close to shore. The towpath from White St access going west is still closed off. Sidecut Park and River Rd still closed.