Western basin docking Western basin docking Western basin docking Western basin docking
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 2nd that.....or 3rd..4th?????

Good place, easy acess and gas dock. 5th season for me now- Grandfather was there in 80's - So I know it was good back then too!!!
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at fenwicks the last two years with no complaints. Won't find a cheaper place to keep your boat in the water. Good walleye fishing the first half of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jreed2528 View Post
    I have stayed at fenwicks the last two years with no complaints. Won't find a cheaper place to keep your boat in the water. Good walleye fishing the first half of the season.
    How is fishing out of fenwick during the summer months? Walleye and perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Perch'in is ok but walleye are about nonexistent going into late summer. The boat ride over to the islands is a haul. I hauled the boat from fenwicks to Huron a couple times when the perch weren't cutting it for us.

Post Thanks / Like

as with everone else...channel grove. you will be in fish all summer whether you want perch walleye, bass, bluegills from dock... Plus options for sight seeing on islands. Other than the spring jig bite you will have good fishing most days within 10 miles of dock. Docks are solid, owners are great, nice fish cleaning station, and all the boaters are friendly and willing to help put you on fish. I switched last year from a marina at the west end and absolutely love it at channel grove.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been docking at Tibbels Marina In East Harbor Since 1992 and I really can't see being anywhere else. The owners are wonderful people and will do anything to accommodate you. They have motel rooms and camper pads with full hook ups on site, full service bait shop, charter service, and fuel. There are a couple restaurants in walking distance and you won't have any trouble finding out where to find the fish and what bait to use. I believe you can dock a 22' boat for less than $900 for the season. They have a website www.tibbelsfishing.com

Post Thanks / Like

A second vote for Tibbels. I don't dock at Tibbels but I know the family. Great people and serious fishermen. They know the lake like the back of their hand. They are on the water everyday. Bait, tackle & good advice. A few years back, over at PIB/SBI, Jack Tibbels brought his son who was battling cancer out on the ice to fish along with his daughters on the south side of Rattle. We cooked a turkey out there and everybody got fish. A great day! Jack has passed away but it's still a tight family operation. You won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chumthrower View Post
    A second vote for Tibbels. I don't dock at Tibbels but I know the family. Great people and serious fishermen. They know the lake like the back of their hand. They are on the water everyday. Bait, tackle & good advice. A few years back, over at PIB/SBI, Jack Tibbels brought his son who was battling cancer out on the ice to fish along with his daughters on the south side of Rattle. We cooked a turkey out there and everybody got fish. A great day! Jack has passed away but it's still a tight family operation. You won't be disappointed.
    I Have to agree with you. I docked there both dry and wet for several years. I have to say that if you were having a problem with your equipment Jack and his family were there to help. I moved West to the Toussaint river because that is where we moved the camper. Wish I was still there at Tibbles. Real friendly and helpful family. The head boats would work with the other pleasure boaters to put them on fish. Always a generous scoop of minnows for the price as well as competitive fuel prices. Guy saved my boat from sinking once as the bilge pump float switch had stuck and drained the batteries, pumped out the bilge and made sure the boat was safe before they called me, that way I was prepared for the repairs and had all of the necessary parts with me instead of running around wasting time gathering them once I got to the boat.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip