Shimano Tekota 300LC Shimano Tekota 300LC Shimano Tekota 300LC Shimano Tekota 300LC

Default Shimano Tekota 300LC

For those of you that have the Tekota 300LC and are tired of the double paddle reel handle. Here is a quick upgrade to the power handle. The handles for TEK500LC and the TEK600LC are a direct exchange(exact fit) for the double paddle handle on the TEK300LC Reels. I just converted my TEK300LC reels to the aforementioned power handle.

It is a very simple exchange from one handle to the other. Remove the handle nut plate screw that holds the handle nut plate, the handle nut plate, the handle nut and finally the handle. Place the power handle on the shaft and replace the parts in a reverse order. Make sure you find and reinstall the small washer that goes between the handle and the side cover as it likes to stick to the bottom side of the removed handle. It takes less than 10 minutes per reel.

The part number you would be looking for is TGT0504

They are available from Shimano and Tuna Toms. Here are the web pages.

On the Shimano page click on parts then conventional reels and scroll down to the Tekota parts.

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/landing.jsp#

http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/...ndle-assembly/
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

that's some really good advice. I have the daiwa sealine sg17 lca reels and switched them to the power handles. makes all the difference in the world. im sure the power handles on the tekota reels would make them a much better reel.

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    that's some really good advice. I have the daiwa sealine sg17 lca reels and switched them to the power handles. makes all the difference in the world. im sure the power handles on the tekota reels would make them a much better reel.
    I should have sent all of my Tekota reels to Tuna Toms to be gone over! Some of them are 8 yrs old and although internally they still seem to work as new it is time for a tear down and cleaning, I could have had the power handles installed at that time for no additional labor cost. Probably not a good way to be but I am one of those people that thinks that if it is not broke don't fix it, but some preventative maintenance would probably not hurt. It could save me some headaches this coming season. I should send in the 3 Daiwa reels I still have that either do not work as intended or are totally crap in for repair and then sell them.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Crap.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    . I should send in the 3 Daiwa reels I still have that either do not work as intended or are totally crap in for repair and then sell them.
    I never figured you as the type person who would sell crap....lol. Just kidding my friend, I would venture to say anything you own is probably in tip top shape.

Hope you are making it through this winter! We will be back on our piece of paradise before you know it!