Friday Perch Reports Friday Perch Reports Friday Perch Reports Friday Perch Reports

Default Friday Perch Reports

Started off East of the water Intake, No Luck... a lot of junk fish, so we headed towards B can where there was a small pack of boats, not much going on there, caught a couple, very slow bite. So we headed out towards the War Buoy where I had luck several weeks back, caught our two man limit in no time, a lot of 9-10 inchers caught here and a fair amount of small ones also. But was non stop action till about 1:00 when it slowed down a bit. [IMG][/IMG]

Nice work and a job well done!:d
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Where is the War Buoy? We were from buoy 18 to the turn around to the gravel pit then closer to the intake. Not much but dunks. We did catch a dozen or more 8"-10" walleye. All safely returned.

Default war bouy

The "War Bouy" is located east of west sis, north of B can at the base of one of the fingers. Approx numbers for GPS is 45/02. Look on both sides of the contour lines for the schools.
    Pic below is what I have been doing lately. Jumbo slabs with boxes of 1.5 to a pound to 1.3 to a pound perch during late fall. Common for the spot I like to fish in the fall. Last season a friend had 30 perch weighed 30 pounds, he went by himself that day.
    Its a long haul but well worth it most days on the best days we see 11-13s all day and the normal days 9-12s. May not get a limit each day but the quality makes up for it. This is good old fashion pay attention perch jerkn. These big guys dont bite hard but when you figure out the pattern, ITS ON.
    Biggest one Saturday was 14 inches. These fish are not from west of the islands.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Nice catch

Capt Greg: Those are some JUMBO'S.GR8 job!thanks for the pix!!!

Also good action at D can. Fast action and several 11-12 inch perch. 100 yards east of bouy. Good luck.