Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season

I would love to meet up with some walleye.com members to do some ice fishing this year. I have my own gear for the most part. I am trying to figure out how to buy a new auger without telling my wife.

I just got two new flashers in the mail today, and I got a new Eskimo QuickFlip II Inferno in August.

I have some lodging available this Winter too. Nothing fancy, but we have a cottage at Lakeside. It isn't the Holiday Inn, but it has a full kitchen and laundry room and 4 bedrooms. I am not "technically" supposed to rent it out by the night because I don't have it set up as business... But if I let some "friends" stay there and those "friends" happen to give me a "tip" and help out with utilities all on their own..... you get the idea.

I would guess that hypothetically each bedroom uses about $75/night per bedroom... maybe less if someone was needing all the bedrooms. That is just a guess, but I'd say its a good one.

This is not really an advertisement for my cottage. I truly do want to get some guys communicating and talking about ice fishing this year, and I would love to meet up.

I use Motorola talk about radios up there and we will be using channel "3."

If anyone is planning on going ice fishing, or wants to start planning, let's get some trips planned!!

My cell is:740-591-5507

-Matt Gaiser

2. Default

Ive never been but I have a boat dock on the western basin would love to go this year just need to go with someone with some knowledge. I stay in toledo

count me in matt. i only been on lake once during the hard water season. would like to try some more

Default Big City

I'm in, gonna be a big city if everyone that reads this joins in, nothing like a hot Italian sausage with kraut on the ice, biscuits and gravy not bad either !!Mike

I'm in also

Looks like we have a good start on a walleye.com reunion. Now all we need is some ice!
    The more the merrier! I hope we get some good ice again this year. Some reports say a really cold Winter again and some say mild.

Either way I'm sure that we will get on some ice at some point. Encourage others on here to start thinking about doing a trip or two.

-Matt

Thumbs up

Can't wait

I went about 8 times last year on Erie and pray that we get another season even somewhat close to last years.

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
    I went about 8 times last year on Erie and pray that we get another season even somewhat close to last years.

Id be happy with just half the season we had last year, its was one for the record books. I just hope to see it again like that in my lifetime, when you can go out by West Sister and even past........ Hopefully will see you and Jeff out there again this year !

I realize that not everyone is comfortable with sharing information, but that is generally what this forum is for. While we do not want to publicly announce our GPS coordinates for the world and non-contributors to see here, I would be happy to share any ice fishing reports and even real time info during the ice fishing season with members and contributors to this site.

The ice is big and plenty of room. Tent "cities" pop up all over. However, it is difficult to move three or four times on ice compared to wet water.

Last year I ran into a group on the ice that where communicating via radios. It was a guy and his son and a few friends. He came over and told me what channel he was on, and asked how we where doing. He then said if we found fish he would appreciate any help... I thought to myself, "I'm sure you would." Then he told me that his son was a mile South of us in 20 FOW. We where in about 30'. He had the rest of the group spread out about a mile or so in each direction from where he was. He set up probably 300 yards or better from us. When they all caught fish or had any action they would share, and then the ones who didn't catch moved and tried another spot. They did this until they found a good honey hole. He asked me a few times how we where doing and I obliged and told him. We had a decent day, and we went home.

Then next day we where by ourselves again, and he called me on the radio to see if we where out again. This time I was happy to share our location and how we where doing. He told us where they were (in relation to the previous day) and that they had found a spot. He gave us the location. I found out later that they create a really good network on the ice of a dozen or so guys and they communicate to quickly find the fish. If everyone moved once then there where a couple dozen locations tested by mid morning.

I didn't get back up to fish again last year. If I had, I would have found him, or someone in his network.

I realize that this might seem like common sense, but it still took some coordination. I'd love to be able to have a way for us all to contact each other and share info for those of us that are willing to share on the ice.

-Matt