Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stampman View Post
    Matt; very interested in your " hypotheical" place to say. I been fishing Erie since 1984 on the ice. I ice fished 72 days last winter all over. Last 3 days on Erie 12 fish 98 lbs. I will be up next week for some bank fishing ( lakeside. catawba, sandusky bay, huron lighthouse, etc.) What about parking space at Lakeside with truck and trailer?
    Give me a call 740-591-5507

Post Thanks / Like

yea that was me firetiger. just trying to help get capt Mike outfitted for this winter. Sorry it took so long to resond. been busy working. finally got a rain day.

troy

Post Thanks / Like

Only 1 day above freezing (and only slightly) this week!!!

I wish it would stay that way until about April now.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Is it time yet

I am ready for it .....call mike at..... Reel sport charters.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mad Matt

Are you ripping on the mike guy Because you are jealous of his fish....did you not know that lake Eire has the best walleye fishing in the world...wonder how that happens...not from guys keeping a once in life time fish QUIT HATING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEFREAK89 View Post
    Are you ripping on the mike guy Because you are jealous of his fish....did you not know that lake Eire has the best walleye fishing in the world...wonder how that happens...not from guys keeping a once in life time fish QUIT HATING
    I don't think Madd Matt was ripping on anybody but was being sarcastic about all of the bitching by those who would impose their personal beliefs on the rest of us. Beliefs that are contrary to the ODNR laws that cover the size and possession limit of Lake Erie walleyes.

Every year people try to berate the actions of lawful fishermen who keep legally caught fish. Their argument is with the ODNR who sets the rules and not the legal fishermen who abide by them.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I don't think Madd Matt was ripping on anybody but was being sarcastic about all of the bitching by those who would impose their personal beliefs on the rest of us. Beliefs that are contrary to the ODNR laws that cover the size and possession limit of Lake Erie walleyes.

Every year people try to berate the actions of lawful fishermen who keep legally caught fish. Their argument is with the ODNR who sets the rules and not the legal fishermen who abide by them.
    Lol. Thanks Wakina! I appreciate the support. I believe that even Mike knew that it was complete sarcasm, apparent in his follow-up post. I would not attack someone in here like that in a serious manner... I leave that kind of interaction for the dock.

By the way, how could I be jealous of a trophy fish when it was a female full of eggs?

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mad Matt

My apologies thought you was rippin

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years we too have made numerous trips from WI ice fishing. I concurr with Wayne on dates: best time was after February 1st. I think it has to do with the fish migrating west towards the Maumee River. Also, you start to get an influx of fish coming from the East to stage outside the reefs.

I would give all first timers one bit of advice: be careful!! When this lake isn't locked up tight wind will drive ice heaves and sheets all over the place. Conditions change quickly, and I've yet to see any fish I'd risk my life for!!!