Size of keepers? Size of keepers? Size of keepers? Size of keepers?

Default Size of keepers?

Sunday morn I went to my spot I have been getting nice perch. The first one I caught was just over 12. From then on they were almost all "debatables" with a few 10s and 11s. I wound up keeping 25 and cleaning them myself since I didn't have to work. Boy, I tell ya I will have a hard time keeping any less than 8.5 to 9 inches from now on. I feel bad for all the 7.5s to 8s I have taken to the cleaners. They look nice when you pull them up but come time to scale and filet I'm like what was I thinking on these?
    I have been getting fish I don't have to measure in 11 fow but since this latest algae bloom I have had lots of throwbacks. There has been packs of boats around turtle and by the lighthouse, just wondering if they are getting any nice fish there? According to the fish cleaner they have been getting lots and lots of smalls.
    Crazy weather patterns probly just keeping the schools moving all the time. Fish On
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

I went to the area you have been posting about Sunday morning also. Like you, the first couple of fish were nice size and then all smalls and plenty of junk.
    Moved close to Turtle island and continued to get a lot of smalls. Ended up with 35 with a total of 5 nice fish and the rest just keepers. Probably threw 20 smalls back.

Some times you gotta take what the lake gives you. I'll gladly keep 7's on a slow day. They still taste good, just smaller. With all the expense of fishing , I'm getting my fish. Just my opinion

I clean all my own fish as well. Pretty much keep them 8" and up. Just too hard to clean them much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by half pole View Post
    Some times you gotta take what the lake gives you. I'll gladly keep 7's on a slow day. They still taste good, just smaller. With all the expense of fishing , I'm getting my fish. Just my opinion
    Right on, they all taste good! Can't deny that.

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Gradyfish View Post
    I went to the area you have been posting about Sunday morning also. Like you, the first couple of fish were nice size and then all smalls and plenty of junk.
    Moved close to Turtle island and continued to get a lot of smalls. Ended up with 35 with a total of 5 nice fish and the rest just keepers. Probably threw 20 smalls back.
    I'm goin out in the mornin but not sure where the heck I'm gonna try. I guess ya gotta start somewhere so probly start shallow. Let ya know how I do tomorrow afternoon.

150 Mercury 4 stroke