Well, it was supposed to be a walleye trip, but when Joe and Doug read my blog from yesterday's trip, and found that I was not expecting good results for a walleye trip today, they called and asked if they could also try for some perch if the walleye weren't going to cooperate...of course I said, "Yes!".

I picked them up at their hotel at 6am, but instead of driving all the way to Huron this morning, I decided a better perch bite would be north of Kellys, so we planned on launching out of Mazurik's instead. But, it was still dark out, so we had to waste some time, time that I would have used driving to Huron...instead we hit Big Bopper's for some breakfast. Yum!

We launched as soon as it was light enough to see, and headed to an area north of Kelly's. There were a bunch of boats there today between Gull Island Shoal and Kelly Island Shoal. The bite started out slow, but once the first yellow perch was brought up, my confidence in the spot grew. It only got better and better as the day went on. By late morning we had their two limits in the boat with large perch from 8-13 inches, and then we fished for mine.

We had such a great time today. These guys were really down to earth and just all around great guys. Even though they are grown men, I couldn't help but think that their parents must be some pretty cool people to have raised these two fine young men. They had me laughing all day long, but I will not share what was said, because we all agreed early on that "Whatever's said in the boat today...stays in the boat". I have to respect that... lol

Tomorrow's trip is just a short 4 hour trip starting at noon, so I'll be getting home later than normal. I'll try to get the blog done before bedtime, but I can't promise. Saturday and Sunday are two 8 hour trips and I'll need to get the boat cleaned up first.

Stay tuned...
http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html