Maumee Bay Perch reports? Maumee Bay Perch reports? Maumee Bay Perch reports? Maumee Bay Perch reports?

Default Maumee Bay Perch reports?

Does anyone have any information on Perch from Maumee Bay?
    All I see are reports from the islands area. It has been a tough year so far with perch this end of the lake.
    All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I know what you mean. Western end folks are not posting - good or bad.

I fish today at bouy 13 along ship channel. Ended the day with 58 keepers over 7.5" with 4 guys. Sorted a lot of fish to get that. A lot, and I mean a lot of 7" fish that we threw back. I actually measure my fish before they go in the box. A few sheephead and white perch but 90% were yellow perch - just small. Largest was 10.5 inches. Boats were moving on a regular basis, We stuck it out and did not move. Bite would come and go. Bait had to be laying on the bottom. Red hooks on spreaders with no bling. Droppers were not catch as well as spreaders. My brother had the hot hand. His comment the whole day was that they were biting very soft.

I've been staying close to consumers power in about 11-13 fow. Been getting michigan limit or close to it often. Like noted before the bigger fish are a VERY light bite. I use crappie style setup and have actually been trying to leave the line slacked to let them pick it up. If you're not watching close you will miss lots of bumps. They do not seem to want the slightest bit of tension. I have been posting regularly but everyone seems to think they have to go to deeper water. Today I dropped off 41 fish at 10.6 lbs. I had a day last week of 46 at 18 lbs. There's definitely some big perch in there, some days more than others. I have found it to be better to wait them out than jumping all over. For some reason, run the motor for a little while every so often. Dont ask me why, but it seems to draw them in. This pic is from that 18 lb day
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

I am going to give it a try tomorrow morning. Weather looks good and am hoping the bay has cleaned up a bit with the lack of winds the past few days.
    Hoping shiners are available too...
    All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

The algae was worse yesterday than it has been due to the east winds. There has heej packs of boats north of turtle island. All I get is 6-7 inchers when I try. I guess some people aren't as picky. I will be out in the morning, too. Hoping the fog isn't as bad. Be safe, good luck. I have been getting very few junkfish, on a good note.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker