Perch'n with Arnot and Lynn Albee 9/24/14 Perch'n with Arnot and Lynn Albee 9/24/14 Perch'n with Arnot and Lynn Albee 9/24/14 Perch'n with Arnot and Lynn Albee 9/24/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch'n with Arnot and Lynn Albee 9/24/14

I picked up Lynn and Arnie at 6am and we headed to Hi Way Bait to get some shiners for perch'n. We would be fishing for both walleye and perch today, if the walleye were cooperative. We drove over and launched out of Huron at 7am.

I thought we would start out in front of Sawmill for a pass or two looking for some walleye, since the perch bite never picks up until later in the morning. While we marked some good "walleye looking marks" on the screen, we couldn't get anything to go trolling with Deep Husky Jerks. So, we went perch'n instead.

By the chatter on the radio, it sounded like anyone fishing for walleye were having a tough time, except for one capt who was out by the Sandbar. While it wasn't a strong bite/catch for him, he was at least putting some in the boat.

As for the perch, we went to the 33/30 line and set up about 1/2 mile east of a pack of boats. We were all by ourselves and started picking up yellows right away....very few whites. More chatter on the radio, this time from the perch charters, was that their bite was slow. Since ours was almost up and down by this time and we had over 40 in the cooler already, I got on the radio and told them where I was and what was happening. About a 1/2 dozen showed up, but wouldn't you know it? As soon as they did, the bite shut down....arrgh! Made me look like I was fibbing...lol I WASN'T...

We had 52 when I decided it was time to go look elsewhere again, and we left. We tried 4 more spots on our way back in, and only caught whites and a couple of catfish. One cat was huge! Lynn caught two yellows...with one last keeper perch out in front of the Huron lighthouse, but that was it. In hindsight, we probably should have stayed and worked out their last 8 fish in our first spot, but that's the way it goes...sigh.

Lynn and Arnie had a good time and would like to come back in the spring for our big walleye bite. I'm looking forward to that. They are very easy going people and really fun to fish with.

Tomorrow is another 8 hour trip, but this time the guys want walleye. I think I'll bring some shiners just in case. lol We'll give it our best shot, but my hopes are definitely higher than my expectations.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huron last Saturday

Juls, last sat. we launched out of Huron too and perched around those numbers, nothing but junk! After the third move we stopped at 32/26 about 10:30 caught all nice fish for 2 hrs, a handful of 10s and 11s + a couple walleye on spreaders and we had a lot of big marks up at 18 to 24' the whole time we were there. I'd like to make a few passes through there trolling this weekend, but still a lot of grass in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    Juls, last sat. we launched out of Huron too and perched around those numbers, nothing but junk! After the third move we stopped at 32/26 about 10:30 caught all nice fish for 2 hrs, a handful of 10s and 11s + a couple walleye on spreaders and we had a lot of big marks up at 18 to 24' the whole time we were there. I'd like to make a few passes through there trolling this weekend, but still a lot of grass in the water.
    Nice! Thanks for the info...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

I know fish move a long way in a week, but thought if you were passing by those numbers you might want to slow down a take a peak....hopefully I'll be back there Sunday morning for a couple hours.