off wards off wards off wards off wards

Thread: off wards

Default off wards

21 ft of water off wards took lots of shinners caught 100 or so white perch 20 sheepheads a couple white bass a couple rock bass a few gobies threw back at least 150 4-6 inch small yellow perch left dock at 8 fished till 3 spreaders with no bling cut minnows in half let sit on bottom with a slow pull up was the trick for bigger yellows ended up with 2 man limit 19 pounds at cleaners average 8'10 inches a few 11 inchers a few double keepers but it was at least 6 to 1 from junk to keepers. buddys went to west sister got 15 one went east of intake 15 perch. we stoped looked at fish finder and it was stacked stoped and never moved lots of sorting but never bored. we were only boat in area

Good Job. This end of lake has been tough this year.

Sorry. . I'm new to boating and this area. Where is wards?
    I know the toledo intake, west sister, toledo harbor lights and bouys.
    thanks

Default Avon 9/18 - Same Thing

Quote Originally Posted by PZeiler View Post
    Good Job. This end of lake has been tough this year.
    Not just west end is tough. Fished off Avon today. Three guys, 4 hours, 4 different stops, and grand total 4 keeper perch (and only one more non keeper!) We're normally very successful perchers, and the numbers we fished have nearly always produced well in other years. They aren't there now... at least not yet!

Wards is the Channel straight out from the Metzger Marsh Pier about 3 miles east of the Water intake is where
    they fishing, I fish that area often with great luck

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    Wards is the Channel straight out from the Metzger Marsh Pier about 3 miles east of the Water intake is where
    they fishing, I fish that area often with great luck
    Thanks, Capt

Default vermillion sand bar

Did good about 7 miles from river today, 4 man limit in 4 hrs, 39 lbs at cleaner, 4 lbs each fileted, SW corner of sandbar. nice size too, Mike

Default sat perch off wards

got 2 man limit bite was fast and furious but sorted 10 smalls to 1 keeper. lots of trash fish secret to big fish was 1 1/2 ounce weight bigger perch right on bottom light bite shinners cut in half . called 3 friends in 1 got 2 man limit 1 got 65 fish 4 fishermen I buddy only got 3 keepers he moved all around us and could not get them going frustration set in and they moved out to war bouy nothing they come back still nothing they got all small fish now they are keeping only big fish they clean there own where I will keep a 7 1/2 inch fish they throw them back but we had some 10 11 inch fish with a few of 7 inchers. I think the smalls and junk were getting the bait before it got to the bottom funny how they can be that close and not get there fish. hopefully going Thursday and Friday weather permitting back to vermillion next Thursday will report then