sundays perch limit report sundays perch limit report sundays perch limit report sundays perch limit report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile sundays perch limit report

Well the reel sport team had and afternoon charter today, after the blow we didn't know what to expect, we ran out to our numbers north west of capt. Jul's and the bite was up and down
    started fishing at 1.00 pm done at 5.30 pm 8 man limit of 8.5 to 11.5 inch perch, 63 lbs at cleaners, thru back 100 or more small perch, 50 plus very large white bass, 6 sheepheads and one gobie, surprise catch of the day was a 4 lb plus smallmouth on a perch rig, took pictures and release to live another day. waves 1 to 2 feet water a little murky with lot of weeds, Our new reel sport perch rig and skipper nine rigs were hot rigs, with chartuse beads and 1.5 ounce sinkers we used 18 scoops of nice shinners today, cleaners had alot of nice perch plus alot of walleyes being cleaned. Capt. Mike 419 265 2736

Default Perch search!

Thanks for the report Wayne! I'm heading up in the morning and was trying to decide where to go, the lack of reports since the blow came in had me wondering. Now if I can find the post with Capt. Jul's numbers I'll have some idea.

Anyone have trouble finding shiners today?

Wink perchin

lined up with middle and nw corner of kellys 33 ft of water skipper9 rigs alot of white perch , decent size yellows 8=10 limit in 4hrs good day on the lake

Nice job Reel Sport.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Seems the wind didn't bother them too much.I got my limit in ohio on friday and michigan sunday, all 8 inches or better. Quite a few over 11. Still fishing about a half mile off shore in 10 to 12 fow. With the water temp dropping so fast I'm wondering if them walleye aren't turned around heading back my way on the west end.may try this week casting by comsumer power/luna pier area.
    Got my spring eye back from True to Life taxidermy on friday . Turned out great.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

summer huntin is back in town! Ready to get on with the perch fishing. Had a great week last week up NOrth. Here is the highlight. Little bigger than the perch she is used to catching...lol Caught lots of pike and walleyes. osullivan lake in nakina ontario. www.osullivansrainbow.com. I highly reccomend the place!!

Caught two man limit just west of Captain Mike's area. 23# at cleaners. Lots of throwbacks. Started at 7:30 and finished at 1:00 today. It was definitely more windy than anticipated.

Master Kraft where were you catching them in michigan waters? Been looking for sometime! I would catch 80 to 100 and only have about 30 keepers. Any info is appreciated

Default trolling fool

I come out of lost peninsula marina. I have been going around wood tick point and heading towards consumers. There are a bunch of nets out with orange flags. Probably about halfway to consumers head towards the beach to about 10 -11.5 fow. I'm not getting hardly any whites, mayybe 10 all day. Enough sheep to make them fun. But the trick I have been getting them on is a crappie style rig but actually leaving slack so it is laying on bottom. No b.s. whole shiners, half shiners, emerald, sand, it doesn't matter. They don't seem to want to feel any tension at all. The 10s and 11s have been very light bites but its nice to see a yellow come up when the bend says sheep. I use st croix panfish series rods I just tried this year. One word "awesome". Hope this helps, leave some for me. I will be out that way in the morn casting for eyes with this quick cool down, 18 ft ranger, blue and grey. Good luck.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

masterkraft thanks a lot for the info, all the bites I've been getting with the big ones are suddenly there is just weight and can't feel a lot on the line no sucking it in they are just there. Not familiar with the lost peninsula marina or wood tick point but the way it sounds is you're closer to ohio and coming back towards sterling? is consumers the 3 stacks going towards Toledo? the orange flags shouldn't be that hard to find. Are you getting good marks on your sonar? or very little I've found it to be both ways. going to try it tomorrow.

Thanks Nat