No Minnows No Minnows No Minnows No Minnows

Thread: No Minnows

Angry No Minnows

So Sad! Perch have finally turned on in the western basin and no local bait shops have minnows due to the "Super Moon." Goldies and creek chubs just don't get it nor do the frozen shiners. 16# on Monday with real minnows and 10# Tuesday with the "JUNK" bait! Rest assured that I will set up a minnow stash at my dock this week because it is finally time for perch! Be safe out there! The fish are everywhere from the mouth of the Huron River, off Sawmill Creek, to Gull Island shoal and Middle Island, Canada. Lots of junk white fish and farm animals off Kelley's Island Shoal. Seagulls were having a hay day with all the head boats.

I use frozen I get from Frank at Amish Outfitters have had good luck with them. I got the last Rickards #2 had yester day

Default no minnows

Just cut a 1/4 by 2 inch strip from a previously caught fish. Hook through th skin and you can fish with it all day.

This is one of the reasons I keep my own stash of salted frozen shiners in the freezer. If salted and frozen correctly I have seen absolutely no difference between frozen or live shiners and I have done this for years. However I will agree that goldies and chubs can be less productive ten shiners.

Default minnows

not sure what day you tried to get shiners, but I fished Monday after work and stopped at Dreamcatcher fishing on route 2 they had them and nice ones at that.

you found perch off of sawmill and huron, I fished for them there nothing but white bass and white perch?