Sunday 1 Footers.... Sunday 1 Footers.... Sunday 1 Footers.... Sunday 1 Footers....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday 1 Footers....

After six long busy weeks of work work, building the better half's greenhouse, and launching our OSU Football book (see www.mylestraveled.com), my lonely boat finally left the dock. Like spring launch all over.

Wanted to go to war buoy, but pulled up NW of B can....further we went the rougher it got. The predicted one footers were more like 2-4's with plenty of whitecaps, that short choppy stuff that pounds you like a pinball.

Dropped anchor and proceeded to pick and sort for 3 hours. Tons of small perch and a bit of trash. Manged to find about 27 not great but decent keepers for 3 guys. We were getting beat around pretty good, wind blowing everything all over the boat, so when wind picked up even more, about 11:30, we decided we had been beat up enough and called it.

Normally I would have moved looking for a better hole. But we were catching just enough, and with the wind and bouncing, we only wanted to craw up front and pull that anchor once. Would have been a real good walleye drift but not the day to anchor for perch. Still boat ran great and was good to be back on water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday

Le we picked up 6 eyes straight out of channel 20fow. Getting them on worms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Le we picked up 6 eyes straight out of channel 20fow. Getting them on worms.
    Yea, we saw quite a few boats trolling I think it was out around L can. Saw your boat at the dock...were you out with someone else...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday

We were back in by 1:00, button boat up and headed home.