sat perch report sat perch report sat perch report sat perch report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile sat perch report

Well reel sport started day off at 1 pm waves were 2 to 4 feet, roughly hundred boats where we fished yesterday so we stop short by a 1/4 mile fish next to troy, up and down bite but alot of throw backs, then small thunderstorm past to our west lake calm a little and the big ones turn on for a half hour, then the winds pick up in a big fashion, and we got blown off at 5.30 with 6 to 8 foot waves and building, ended day with 152 perch in the box 8 to 11 inch perch, no monster today. same spot 9.2 miles out of channel grove, skipper nine rigs , single hook rigs,
    went threw 20 scoops of minnows in this short time. less than dozen sheepheads, and a couple dozen white perch, sunday trip is cancel due to wind and thunder storms, will be back at it weds.

Capt mike 419 265 2736

Default minnows

Seriously Wayne, 20 scoops? that's 1 scoop for 8 fish kept.

Smile scoops

YES we take 3 scoops per person for a charter and they are very healthy scoops, and we didn't have that maney left, like troy or I said it was up and down, hit bottom and reel, but alot of small ones we threw back, and in moring the farm aminals are there with the white perch, try it out there its alot different than western end. We are using 2 oz sinkers to keep it down, skipper nine rigs two or three hook, hits bottom and it fish or strip hooks no waiting.

I went through 4 by myself the same day. Hard to get more when ur out there. Better to have too many. If the farm animals weren't bad Wouldn't need as many. Unless they are giant minnows I usually figure 3 to 4 per man. Then if kids are going you will use more so have to figure that in as well. Although white perch chunks will work if ur desperate. Lol. Done that before

Smile minnows

also were we are fishing we are fishing for jumbos we try to keep nothing less than 9 inches, unlles badly hooked or blown stomach them will get mixed in. thats why also we go thru so maney minnows, plus you have cleints that never fished before that don't have the feel to fish the deeper water, coming from the western end and perch fishing down there for last fifty years
    with light sinkers and lighter rigs, and coming here with the heavier sinkers heavier line and different rigs takes a while to adjust, plus down here it one tap and its three strip hooks. hope this ansewers some question. Wayne Reel sport team. look at our super perch picture that capt juls post for us, these are the perch we are targing.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 09-01-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    also were we are fishing we are fishing for jumbos we try to keep nothing less than 9 inches, unlles badly hooked or blown stomach them will get mixed in. thats why also we go thru so maney minnows, plus you have cleints that never fished before that don't have the feel to fish the deeper water, coming from the western end and perch fishing down there for last fifty years
    with light sinkers and lighter rigs, and coming here with the heavier sinkers heavier line and different rigs takes a while to adjust, plus down here it one tap and its three strip hooks. hope this ansewers some question. Wayne Reel sport team. look at our super perch picture that capt juls post for us, these are the perch we are targing.
    Wayne, since you brought up the difference in the West End fishing, I have been meaning to ask you and Troy how you guys like fishing to the East since you moved your boats. I'm sure all the algae they had around Toledo mad you glad you were fishing around and east of the islands. Just curious if you're happy with the move and maybe what you like most about it.

Thanks for all your reports!

Jim aka eyezcrazy

I love the move to the east. The eye fishing was incredible this year. Still figuring out the perch. Definitely different down here than to the west. The size has been awesome so far and everyone says it will keep getting better.

Probably the most impressive though is the quality of the people I have met in cgm. From the owners down to all the fellow boaters everybody has been helpful and very friendly. Very high quality all the way around ( even the trolling clan) just kidding guys had to throw it in there. Still a lot of guys I haven't met yet too and am trying to before the year is over.

Very glad to have made the move

Troy
    Summer Huntin
    Ch 68

Smile down east

Couldn't agree with troy more, channel grove is great, everyone is happy and helpfull, bait shop, resturants, and lodging are great, deep water harbor, fishing size and numbers has been unbeliable, less time on water, spending half amount of fuel chasing the fish, its been a great move should have done years ago, and would highly recomened to everyone else.
    The Reel Sport Team Capt. Mike and Wayne

Is the spring fishing over there good or is it primarily a summer/fall fishery?

Default Good group of people!

Thanks for the replies Wayne, and Troy. I am just the weekend fisherman when time allows me but I am looking toward buying a bigger boat that I can dock over there at CG. with my walleye.com hero's! A few weeks ago we ducked in to Kelly's to weather a storm at the sports bar on the West side.....name escapes me....anyway, we were talking to a good bunch of guys in there and low and behold, they were from CG as well.I know from the help you guys are always willing to lend that is the place I'd want to be.

But I do miss the regular posts from Skipper Jim......I know he still posts here but it doesn't seem as much now that he is a Facebook celebrity. Some day I'll get off the water long enough to stop over there to meet all of you.

Jim aka eyezcrazy