Perch'n with the Griffing Family 8/28/14 Perch'n with the Griffing Family 8/28/14 Perch'n with the Griffing Family 8/28/14 Perch'n with the Griffing Family 8/28/14

Default Perch'n with the Griffing Family 8/28/14

What started as a reservation for a walleye trip today ended up being a perch trip, because we thought it would be better with an 8 year old on board, who might get bored easily while trolling for walleye. It was the right decision, since Rudy had a lot of fun today.

Dean, Rudy's older brother, who's on his way to college this week, bantered back and forth over a few bets the guys all had between them. You know, the usual....first fish (Rudy)...most fish (Dean)...and biggest fish (Dad). I wasn't in the bet, thankfully, or I would have taken all their money...lol Anyway, it was funny, because Rudy kept changing the rules, so that he was always ahead, and we had to remind him that he can't change the rules....especially, since he wasn't baiting his own hooks or touching any fish! Ha! Funny stuff was said today...sigh

We fished the numbers I gave you all a couple days ago, but it was a slow start. The sheephead and white bass were awake early this morning, but the perch didn't start biting at a decent pace until after 10am.

We ended up with 60 perch (only half of what we could have taken), because we ran out of time. But, they were happy with those results, and took 18 pounds to the cleaners...enough for several family fish fries.

Chris and Dean, and Chris's second oldest son, will be back in the spring to take a walleye trip with me. I'm looking forward to that, because these guys were a lot of fun to fish with.

Tomorrow's trip is just a 4 hour walleye trip with a nice fella who has a set up like mine, but would like to learn the art of trolling a little better, so if we catch fish it's just a bonus. I haven't been walleye fishing since the end of July, due to my Canada vacation and nothing but perch trips since I got back, so I'm hoping I can find some for him tomorrow. If anyone has any Intel they would like to share...I'm all ears! Thanks in advance!

Anyhooo....stay tuned!

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

All my crew say just below middle. They are running dipsy's

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Mouth View Post
    All my crew say just below middle. They are running dipsy's
    Thanks for the info MM, I appreciate the comeback. I was on those fish a couple weeks ago. I want to go out of Huron tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone has been fishing over there lately?
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default two tickets

previous numbers posted close to middle island posted two tickets for us and a decent grade of fish....started slow and then picked up.....fished 9-1230