Marina Question Marina Question Marina Question Marina Question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marina Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marina Question

I realize that this is not a forum for Marinas. However, I pray you don't kick me out for asking this in the "report" section. I just feel like we all kinda "know" each other in here and I am asking my "friends" a question when posted in here.

Would you guys be willing to share your thoughts on what are the most important reasons you pick a marina? or Why you picked the marina you are at? Amenities? Price? Location? I am doing a review of marinas and wanting to know what customers want, both private and charters alike.

Feel free to share what marina you are at and why. This is not an advertisement for any marina, but at the same time I'd love to hear if you have left a specific marina and why you left.

I truly appreciate your responses.

Thanks,
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Private boater, I use transient slips. I live about 4 hours south of Erie. I want a cheap place to park my boat in the water, close to fishing. Biggest problem I have run into they dont seem to have fish cleaning house or tables. Nice shower houses and a cold beer after a day of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marina

I have been at Meike's West for 8 years. Most importantly they treat everybody great. They never price gouge on anything. I can often get things in their store cheaper than other places. Such as fuel filters or hardware. Ice for a buck a bag. Much cheaper than West Marine. They look out for the people docked there and call you if there are any problems such as the lake going out. I live a ways away and that is important to me. The other people at the marina are freindly and look out for each other. They have nice showers, bait and fish cleaning across the street. Jacks market is nearby. They have events like Gulburger day, community garage sale, next weekends rib off. Free hotdog days. On top of all this they have one of thje cheapest dock fees around. A nice boat ramp. Transient docks and camping.Fuel is nonethanol and reasonable. I am very happy there and intend to stay for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile marina

Just moved to channel groove this year from mienkes west, could not ask for a better marina, docks are great, fuel prices are much better, great resturants, motels, bait is much cheaper, and the fishing is great for size and numbers, less miles to fishing grounds and hardy ever can't find a quite spot out of the waves, great sercurity, could not ask for a better marina.
    and the water is very clean. and the fish cleaners come right to your dock, and marine store has everything you need, plus sandwichs and ice cream.rods lures boats supplies and will allways tell you where to fish, and everyone is very friendly, plus fence in storage and winter storage, could keep going on, yes its a long drive but what you save in fuel cost in the boat every day sure make up for it. The Reel Sport Team
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 08-08-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if the marina store sold Keystone Light, cant believe the number of places that don't sell the finest beer sold (unfortunately I am not sure if it is made anymore) in America.

Post Thanks / Like

East Harbor State Park marina. Very up to date floating docks. That matters for the wife and kids. Located close to the islands. Makes it good to hide from the wind on them rough days. It's close to town. I have a two hour drive to my boat and I always forget something. Walmart is minutes away. Free pump out. Last marina in the channel/close to lake. Other gas pumps close to choose from the cheaper ones. Neighbors are very personable and help me when I'm too stupid to find the fish. They give me updates on my boat being ok if I haven't been up in a while. Relaxed atmosphere.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eric if you can swallow Heineken or labatt stop by dock 60 sometime. I'll try to keep one cold

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    Hey Eric if you can swallow Heineken or labatt stop by dock 60 sometime. I'll try to keep one cold

Troy
    Will do troy!
    Thanks
    Capt Erik
    Bose-Man Sportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone lease a covered dock?
    What about the importance of a restaurant, or fuel, or WiFi?
    What amenities are important, and which ones are just "nice"

Thanks!
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

It's not as important for me but we do have a restaurant. It's nice to eat some good vittles before going fishing.
    We don't have wifi but the next door marina (Anchors away) does and we can pick it up. Wouldn't be a factor for me though.
    My biggest thing is the people being friendly and helpful.
    My wife's biggest thing is the floating dock.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.